For over thirty years our company, an industry-leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of high quality luxury consumer electronics products, has set the standard for excellence in every product category we offer. Our focus is on providing the best in luxury performance and value, while continually pushing the boundaries in design and quality. Our team is in the R&D department is growing! We are looking for an Acoustics Engineer who can add their expertise and creativity to our team. Reporting to the Manager R&D, this role will be responsible for the successful design, planning, execution, testing and closure of various new product designs.
Responsibilities/Accountabilities will include:
- Identifying and executing key design, testing and analysis requirements of new product designs
- Providing guidance to acoustic engineers and technicians in all acoustic aspects of product design and development such as simulation, building prototypes, performance and reliability testing and production documentation and marketing material preparation
- Outlining the scope of work to acoustic team, reviewing results and providing feedback.
- Encouraging and supporting innovative ideas of acoustic team members, developing product concepts utilizing these ideas, providing input to product development manager, sales and marketing.
- Guiding and participating in scientific and patent research related to product development
- Managing the overall accuracy and quality of the project while satisfying milestones and deliverables, and designing and drafting projects based on customer specifications.
- Overseeing maintenance of bills of material and prepare cost analyses in support of product feasibility.
- Working to keep projects within budget and guidelines by suggesting alternate materials, design execution, or production process options.
- Creating reports, where applicable, on results of experimentation or on new procedures.
- Participating in project reviews.
- Creating and supporting project documentation (crossover schematics, stuffing diagrams and design specifications, production test criteria, etc.).
- Providing support for production issues.
- Working with Supply Chain staff by communicating with suppliers and production on technical issues for new and current products.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields:
- electrical or mechanical engineering
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the electronic fields, and an interest in audio/loudspeaker development. Preference will be given to those having worked in the consumer products industries.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in project management
- Experience working as a supervisor or directing teams is an asset
- Experience working with anechoic chambers and measurement equipment, an asset
Exceptional candidates who are interested in working in a dynamic environment that supports autonomy, creativity, and excellence are invited to apply in confidence.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
How to apply:
Please submit resume with cover letter here.