Resonado’s Chicago headquarters is looking for a motivated and creative candidate with a passion for loudspeakers to join the company’s U.S. Frontier Engineering team. Candidates should be ready to take on new challenges by assuming a highly visible role in a small, yet ambitious organization and expect extensive collaboration across departments. Our company maintains a horizontal organizational culture with a strong emphasis on meritocracy. With transparent communication and open channels welcoming new ideas, Resonado is an ideal environment for an experienced engineer looking to become an early member of a rapidly expanding company poised to bring a new wave of innovation to the audio industry.
- Driving research and development of high potential acoustic technologies on a creative and agile team
- Leading wide variety of interdisciplinary activities from acoustic programming, to signal processing, to acoustic measurement
- Conducting advanced acoustic simulation and testing, stand-alone and in system, using systems such as COMSOL and Klippel
- Collaborating with transducer design and mechanical engineering and other teams to drive development into final product
- Understanding system architecture and end-user experience
- Becoming a leading expert on Resonado’s proprietary acoustic technologies and contributing to the expansion of the company’s intellectual property portfolio
- Passion for creating cutting edge and innovative products
- 5+ years of signal processing or acoustic programming experience
- Practical expertise in audio analyzers including Klippel R&D/QC, Audio Precision APx, Listen, or a similar system
- Thorough understanding of acoustic system design methods, optimization, and sub-components
- Must be qualified to work in the U.S. and have no restrictions for international travel
- Ability to commute to Resonado’s Chicago office in River West on a daily basis
- Passion for acoustics and improving how people experience sound
- Experience with ultrasonic transducer arrays
- Experience with VDHL and firmware programming for electronics
- Experience with Max Software
- Strong communication and presentation skills including project planning, documentation of technical requirements, and technical presentations
- Experienced in conceiving, writing, and publishing patents
- Self-driven engineer
- Members of our engineering team have degrees in Acoustics or a similar field (mechanical or electrical engineering, physics, etc.), but if you have taken a different route to gain the required experience, that is acceptable
Resonado Labs evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
How to apply:
All inquiries should be directed to email@example.com.