Apogee Electronics is a leading designer and manufacturer of products for audio recording in the music, film, digital streaming, and voice-over industries. Based in Santa Monica, CA, and was founded in 1985. Throughout Apogee’s 37-year history, they have consistently created innovative and award-winning technology recognized globally as an industry leader in professional and consumer audio. Apogee has been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY and OSCAR-winning performances by today’s most successful artists. Most Apogee staff members are musicians or have an extensive background in video, live performance, or the professional recording industry. We are a team of creative professionals who share a passion for excellence, creativity, and innovation. Our sunny Santa Monica office features a fully built-out studio for recording, live streaming, and live events which is available to the staff to further their craft, experiment, and enjoy off hours. As an Analog Design Engineer, your primary responsibility will be designing and developing mixed-signal audio circuits and systems for various applications.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Circuit Design: Designing and simulating mixed-signal circuits such as ADCs, DACs, power regulators, amplifiers, filters, and mixers for audio applications. This involves selecting components, evaluating performance, and optimizing for low noise, distortion, and other critical parameters.
- PCB Layout: Creating PCB layouts for mixed-signal audio circuits, ensuring that designs meet electrical, mechanical, safety and emission requirements, and collaborating with other engineers and PCB designers to optimize performance.
- Prototyping and Testing: Building and testing prototype circuits to validate design performance and ensure that circuits meet specifications. This involves debugging and troubleshooting circuits and working with other engineers to identify and resolve issues.
- System Integration: Integrating mixed-signal circuits into larger audio systems and collaborating with other engineers to ensure that system-level requirements are met.
- Documentation: Documenting designs, test results, and design decisions in a clear and concise manner, and communicating technical information to other engineers and stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement: Staying up-to-date with new technologies and trends in mixed-signal audio design, and continuously improving design practices and methodologies to optimize performance, reduce costs, and improve efficiency.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience designing mixed-signal audio circuits and systems.
- Strong understanding of mixed-signal circuit design, including experience with ADCs, DACs, amplifiers, filters, power regulation and mixers.
- Experience with PCB design tools such as Altium Designer.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to debug and troubleshoot circuits.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to other engineers and stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to produce high-quality designs and documentation.
- Knowledge of audio signal processing algorithms and their implementation in DSPs is a plus.
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume here.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. We will only consider resumes submitted with a cover letter.