At Zound we are driven by consumer-focused design and insight-centric innovation. Harnessing consumer, design and business insights, we develop products that are needed, loved, and remembered.
Right now, we need to strengthen our Product and Innovation team with an Audio & Acoustics Engineer!
What you’ll do
- As an Audio & Acoustics Engineer at Zound your main responsibility is to secure and validate the acoustic design for our headphones and speakers in the concept stage, working with the specialists within the electronics/acoustics team to define the required architecture to meet the audio requirements for a product as well as supporting our ODM partners throughout product development.
- You will work with simulations, prototyping, testing and subjective evaluations to achieve the perfect sound, in collaboration with our teams within industrial design, mechanical engineering, software/tech, and product management as well as external partners and factories.
- Your main tasks as an Audio & Acoustics Engineer will also be:
- Performing acoustic and electronic measurements and subjective evaluations in our lab and workshop
- Contributing to design and documentation of system level tests which verify proper integration.
- Secure the electronic, digital signal processing and power management design in headset and speaker projects in collaboration with our electronics team and external partners
- Prototyping, testing, audio tuning and calibration of under development products.
- Driving main acoustics/electronics components selection. (speaker drivers, microphones, Bluetooth chip, ANC chip, …)
- Validating all aspects of the audio design though hands-on measurements and leveraging vendor resources.
- Tuning and optimizing the acoustic performance of products using a variety DSP tools.
Who we’re looking for
You’re passionate about sound and audio, from a product and technology as well as a listening experience perspective.
Having a cooperative mindset aimed at adding value to Zound’s culture will be fundamental.
You probably have the following experiences & skills:
- Knowledge in product development for consumer electronics
- Bachelor or Master degree in acoustic engineering
- Several years of relevant work experience in audio and acoustic engineering
- Experience of requirement management and defining requirements towards external development partners, preferably in China
- Experience in audio electronics (e.g. amplifiers, DSP chipsets, etc.)
- Ability to create and communicate design solutions fluently in English, both spoken and written.
- Knowledge on Bluetooth Audio, Wifi Audio and Audio Compression technologies.
- Digital Audio technologies like ANC, Spatial Audio, Room Correction and similar
- Programming skills, like DSP programming, BT Chipset frameworks, general embedded prototyping skills, building digital and software based audio systems.
- Good understanding of requirement handling and test procedures
- Experience of Product Data Management
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably another language.
We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
A bit about us Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brand names adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. With a strong focus on innovative technology and user-centered design, Zound has launched a wide range of iconic, award-winning products. Zound currently has around 230 employees, with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen, and Hong Kong. In 2019 turnover reached about SEK 2.0 billion.
How to Apply
Does this sound like you?
If you have a passion for sound and want to work for a growing company with a start-up mindset, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume through this link:
as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We look forward to your application!
Please mention AES001460 when applying for this position.