KEF is acknowledged world-wide as a leading manufacturer of high-end loudspeakers and hi-fi systems. Founded in 1961, the company is one of the few in the field that both develops and manufactures its own technology: cabinets, drivers, software and most electronics. We pride ourselves on our technical excellence and innovation, producing many patents and papers over the years.
Following the successful launch of the Lotus Emira and with a long term partnership secured, we are aiming to strengthen our resources by appointing a dedicated Automotive Audio Engineer. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a newly established automotive team and as such, will involve a wide range of responsibilities and excellent opportunities for career development.
The Automotive Audio Engineer will be responsible for ensuring KEF systems are delivered to our exacting standards by working closely with partners and suppliers. This will involve having a good understanding of our design goals and resolutely pressing for designs which give optimal acoustic performance.
• Project manage the development of KEF automotive audio systems
• Attend regular meetings with design and engineering teams to ensure that loudspeakers are optimally positioned and packaged
• Review drawings and design proposals from partners, making a clear and compelling case for improvements where required
• Oversight of the full system design (drivers, integration, electronics, DSP)
• Creation and testing of prototype system components
• Participate in system tuning
• Support development of new drivers and technology
• Benchmarking of competitor systems
• Support sales and marketing teams by providing technical input and attending events
• Research on related topics
• A passion for automotive audio
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience with 2D and 3D CAD systems such as NX or CATIA
• Well organised with ability to track complex projects involving multiple stakeholders
• Methodical and scientific approach to any technical problem
• Willing to travel locally and overseas at short notice.
• Passionate about sound quality and skilled in critical listening
• Knowledge of automotive audio industry (OEMs, audio platforms, surround sound technologies)
• Experience using a digital task management tool such as Redmine or Asana
• Experience with acoustic measurements and computer simulation
• Knowledge of room/cabin acoustics
• Ability to innovate and bring new ideas into products
• Bachelors, Masters graduate degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate technical discipline such as Acoustics, Physics or Mechanical Engineering
• Competitive salary
• Private pension with employer matched contributions
• 25 days holidays + public holidays
• Flexible working week
• Career pathway and development plan tailored to your aspirations
How to apply:
Please, send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org