Loudspeaker development engineer for voice and music systems.
You will be responsible for the design and development of loudspeakers and loudspeaker systems and will coordinate engineering design at remote OEMs (original equipment manufacturers). You will document and perform validation in accordance with US, EU and worldwide standards. You will innovate technologies, processes, and engineering methods for loudspeaker electro-acoustic systems engineering. You will be the engineer responsible for multiple development projects. Products range from low-cost voice reproduction speakers to large scale sound systems for concert level reproduction.
- Design and develop Electro-Voice and Bosch passive and powered loudspeaker products
- Deliver product solutions following projects from conception to mass production
- Design for manufacturing optimization with factories and vendors
- Model and simulate enclosures, waveguides, driver chassis, suspension systems and other components using SolidWorks, MATLAB, COMSOL and other simulation software
- Assemble prototype loudspeakers and perform hands on design iteration
- Manage documentation including 3D files and bills of materials
- Evaluate loudspeaker system and speaker component performance and reliability, failure modes and root cause failure analysis
- Development of test and design verification for functional and reliability testing including testing of speaker components and complete systems
- Verify complete products for conformance to design specifications, operational and safety standards such as IEC 62638, EN54, UL1480. UL1480A
- Work in a team environment with project managers to deliver on time to schedule
- Intelligent design to minimize product cost and monitor cost throughout projects.
- Support sample and pre-production builds remotely and on-site
- Support projects during the full life cycle, work with quality and service departments to solve ongoing quality issues should they arise
- Bachelor’s degree in Acoustics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Physics or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience designing, modeling, simulating, and testing electro-acoustics systems and loudspeakers
- Knowledge of loudspeaker components and systems latest technology and current state of the art
- Knowledge and application of wood box construction, plastics molding, steel forming and aluminum casting methods for manufacturing
- Experience designing and testing passive and powered professional loudspeaker systems including acoustics, mounting hardware, system drive, and amplification
- Experience with technical computation: MATLAB, Mathcad or similar
- Experience with 3D CAD – SolidWorks is preferred
- Experience with multi-physics FEA software for acoustics systems is an advantage COMSOL is preferred
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams including project management, quality, purchasing and logistics
- Experience working with 3rd party manufacturing companies in global location such as Mexico, China and Europe
- Experience working with UL and CE certifying bodies to obtain certifications
- Passion for product development of the highest standard
- Passion for music and the audio business
- Curiosity for latest industry standards and innovations
- Ability to innovate as part of an industry leading R&D team
Job duties and requirements may be subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience and skills required to perform the essential functions of this job. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Bosch Security Systems, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
How to apply:
Submit your application here