An opportunity to take on the role of Director of Engineering in a multi-national organisation leading a specialist engineering team responsible for the product development of global professional audio brands.
In your position as Director of Engineering you will:
- Direct and coordinate a large engineering team performing research and development for professional audio products.
- Provide technological leadership for the engineering team to enable effective and fast product integration into the market.
- Work alongside the product management team to define new products.
- Liaise with management and with manufacturing to ensure quality and compliance standards are met, and effective manufacturing processes and test procedures are in place.
- Be responsible for departmental operational costs and finances for new product development
- Collaborate effectively with offshore engineering teams and external partners and vendors
- Manage your staff and recruit talent to build the center of excellence for engineering
- Travel internationally between company and customer locations
What do you need?:
- A BSc or equivalent in Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical Engineering or Physics.
- Design experience in an audio manufacturing company with specialism in one of the following: electro-acoustics and loudspeaker design, transducer design, electronics including amplifiers and signal processors, firmware for audio processing.
- A track record of bringing professional loudspeaker and/or audio electronics products to market within cost targets and timescales.
- Experience of manufacturing principles and process control
- Solid experience of engineering leadership in a managerial capacity at a corporate level.
- Experience of managing a large engineering team with direct and indirect reports.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Outstanding strategic decision-making capability.
Our client is a major global corporation with a specialist and established engineering team designing and developing loudspeaker and audio processing products for the professional audio industry. Their products are iconic in the audio world and are found in installations, events, venues, schools, businesses, churches, malls, wherever a great sound system is needed.
In order to be successful, the Director of Engineering will need to be based onsite in Mid West US. You will need to be able to travel 6-8 times a year, mostly to other company engineering and manufacturing sites. Applicants must have fluent spoken and written English and entitlement to work in the United States.
Please submit your CV here