The Hardware Engineer III serves as the technical specialist in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods in an assigned area. Uses advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices of sciences and disciplines to complete assignments. Works as a design lead on a major project or several projects of moderate scope with complex features and may require innovative solutions to unique problems. The role requires good analytical skills combined with ability to apply analysis and expertise to complex programs, projects and/or technology solutions. May also provide oversight for a team of engineers and technicians with specific projects, based on project needs.
Project/Product Development/Technical Oversight: Role will require technical oversight for major and fairly complex projects (projects that have numerous interdependencies and implications), and that involve a large team. Responsibilities include feasibility assessment of considered concepts; outline of product architecture and overall system level engineering block diagram; key compoennts selection; detailed circuit design and simulations; detailed design implementation; engineering level verification activities and results analysis; design qualification effort; and product support throughout complete product life cycle.
System Architecture: Operate as system architect for major projects that are complex in nature. Ensure all product requirements are met, including performance, cost, and manufacturabilty.
* Contribute to overarching engineering requirements document for key sub-systems.
* Develop detailed block diagram; evaluating alternate solutions and key component selection, based on detailed analysis and trade-off assessment.
* Detailed circuit design, schematic capture, circuit modeling and simulation, PCB Layout, timing and signal integrity analysis.
* Lead technical design reviews to assure product quality and performance expectations are met.
* Generate budgetary costed BOM and continuously revisit during development to assure target cost is met.
* Develop engineering evaluation prototype and/or subassemblies to demonstrate proposed design approach and reduce overall technical project risks
* Lead design validation activities and support regulatory and compliance standard(s) qualification.
Project Team Leadership/Team Leadership:
* Provide counsel and technical recommendations to cross functional team to ensure project progress and deliverables are met, raising issues that impede product viability. Propose potential solutions to address issues and ensure all potential implications are considered.
* Identify problems and actively devise appropriate solutions for both technical problems and those that may arise from differences in opinion.
* Lead group of engineers and technicians, Assure project commitments are met: milestones scope and time.
* Act as a mentor to less senior engineering team members, setting expectations, and providing input and feedback in a helpful way that fosters accountability. Effectively train teammates per project needs.
Requirements & Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Advanced degree is preferred
* 6 – 10 years of experience designing, building, and testing A/V products and related subsystems for commercial or professional markets.
How to Apply: submit your application here.