The Electrical Engineer position at Sound United is an incredible opportunity to join our North American engineering team to help us develop world-class products for brands like Polk Audio, Definitive Technology, Denon, Marantz, Bowers & Wilkens, and Boston Acoustics. If you have a passion for audio and audio-related products, we want to hear from you. You will work with a global engineering group to design and develop electronic systems to be used in soundbars and home theater speaker products. This position has a key emphasis on engineering design and development of mixed-signal electronic circuits, employing knowledge of electronics, audio, and physics. Ideal candidates will have a thorough understanding of electronic theory, knowledge of audio electronics, and experience in consumer electronics. They will be responsible for high-quality, timely, and efficient work products. This position works under minimum supervision during the first 12 months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of audio electronics – experience with analog and digital audio: signals, formats, and system design.
- Cross functional development – Able to work in cross-functional teams, and evaluate the impact design choices have on electrical, mechanical, and acoustical systems.
- Team member conceptual design phase – Participate in new product design and development programs, contributing to the architecture of the product.
- Analyze electronics system requirements – Determine development cost and project feasibility.
- Knowledge of embedded systems – Experience with MCUs and SoCs in highly integrated mixed-signal systems.
- Familiar with audio and video interfaces – Understands HDMI, CEC, Optical, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, and analog interfaces. Experience with debugging and development on multiple interfaces is a plus.
- Engineering development – Interfacing with and integrating hardware, software and firmware to meet product requirements.
- Interacting with Computers – Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to design, debug, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Drafting, Laying Out and Specifying Technical Devices, Parts, and Equipment – Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used. Experience with Altium Designer is a plus.
- Documenting/Recording Information – Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards – Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Thinking Creatively – Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including conceptual contributions.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge – Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates – Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, electronic form, or in person.
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization – Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others – Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work – Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Provide Consultation and Advice to Others – Providing technical guidance and expert advice to management or other team members on technical systems topics.
- Developing and Building Teams- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation with team members.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidates for this position will usually have a degree in Electrical Engineering, Audio Technology, Physics, or a related field and 3+ years of related industry experience. If you’ve taken a different path to meet the qualifications, we look forward to hearing your story.
- Proven experience in new product development, particularly in embedded and mixed-signal designs.
- Expected International Travel up to 15%
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Electronics Engineers typically work a standard, full-time schedule, although overtime work is sometimes required to meet deadlines.
About Sound United:
Sound United was founded in 2012 with a simple mission – to bring joy to the world through sound. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest portfolio audio companies and home to several legendary audio brands—Bowers & Wilkins™, Denon®, Marantz®, Polk Audio®, Definitive Technology®, Classé®, and Boston Acoustics®. Each brand boasts its own philosophy and unique approach to bringing home entertainment to life.
With centuries of collective experience, Sound United oversees the design and manufacture of a diverse array of premium audio products, including loudspeakers, soundbars, AV receivers, wireless speakers, amplifiers, turntables, and headphones. We create distinct and memorable listening experiences for a wide range of consumers in more than 130 countries. For more information on Sound United and our mission, please visit www.soundunited.com.
Why Sound United:
At Sound United, you’ll have the opportunity to join a growing, global company at the forefront of audio innovation. We’re looking for people who are passionate about sound. This is more than a job. We don’t just punch a clock; we live and breathe audio perfection. There are abundant opportunities to grow and learn different aspects of what you’re passionate about as a cross-functional, adaptable member of the band.
High visibility, broad impact. This is a high growth, changing environment, and you will have the opportunity to really make an impact on our systems and processes and how we enhance them. In addition to being exposed to new projects and learning new skills, this role also positions you to interact with a variety of departments, teams, and leadership groups on a global basis.
Great time to join. We are proud to provide premium audio/video experiences to both commercial and consumer markets and, we’re experiencing healthy growth. When you’ve proved yourself a star and are ready for the next career step, the opportunities will be there.
Cultural experience. You will have regular exposure to many cultures. We’re in over 70 countries, so you’re not just focused on one culture, but will enjoy working with many.
Building on success. Our growing portfolio of premium audio and video products delivers the best in design, technology, innovation, and performance to a variety of customers who seek to enrich the moment with pure sound and vision. Our well-respected products continuously win industry awards and accolades. Under new senior leadership we are investing in growth and expanding our product lines, distribution channels, and markets, making this an exciting time to be part of the “new Sound United.”
Excellent compensation, benefits and work environment. In addition to a competitive salary, flexible paid time off (PTO) and attractive incentive program, we offer a collaborative and open work environment along with professional development opportunities.
Join SOUND UNITED and let’s build an even greater company together!
EEO: Sound United is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members’ disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
How to Apply:
Please mention AES001467 when applying for this position.