For over thirty years our company, an industry-leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of high-quality luxury consumer electronics products, has set the standard for excellence in every product category we offer. Our focus is on providing the best in luxury performance and value, while continually pushing the boundaries in design and quality.
In our Ottawa office, we create a wide range of products, including A/V Processors, Receivers, Amplifiers and Distribution systems sold under Paradigm, Anthem and Martin Logan brands. We have expertise and capability to go through all stages of the product development, from in-house design to in-house manufacturing, from ideas and concepts to best products on the market that fuel the ambiance of living rooms and concert halls!
Embedded Audio Systems DSP Engineer
We are looking for a talented developer with a passion for designing, coding, and debugging embedded DSP applications. This position will work within our small team environment to see projects from conception through development to market introduction and media/customer reviews. You will You will read and analyze product requirements, create detailed specifications and development plans for the design of the DSP audio processing pipeline and associated firmware, and participate in design meetings and reviews. You will work interdependently with hardware engineers and other software developers and will see a direct impact of your work.
Experience and Qualifications
- A degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Must have thorough understanding of audio DSP algorithms and concepts and how they impact subjective audio quality
- 3+ years of DSP embedded software design experience in C or C++ or assembler (must have).
- Hands-on experience with DSP on ARM Cortex-M is a strong asset.
- Must be able to write control code for microcontroller peripherals from data sheet specifications and schematics, use electronic and audio test instruments to aid in debugging
- Experience with embedded software design for consumer electronics (deploying DSP audio functionality within FreeRTOS, embedded Linux, QNX or other real time OS environment
- Experience with object-based DSP audio tools like Analog Devices Sigma Studio or DSP Concepts Audio Weaver
- Must have proven problem-solving abilities and attention to detail along with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience and familiarity dealing with Dolby and/or DTS certification requirements would be an asset
Candidates who are interested in working in a dynamic environment that supports autonomy, creativity, and excellence are invited to apply in confidence. People here keen to share their knowledge; the candidate has to be able to (and be willing to) learn. The ideal candidate has to meet requirements listed below (in particular, regarding the audio DSP algorithms, hardware and software platforms) since there’s even more knowledge to be built on top! We care about employees and hope to build long-term fulfilling relations with each of them.
To apply, send an email to:
Director, Human Resources