The Embedded Audio DSP Engineer is responsible for the development and integration of digital signal processing solutions into embedded processors for consumer audio products. You will explore new technologies, prototype product concepts, implement audio DSP using object-based audio tools like Audio Weaver as well as developing with MATLAB, C/C++, and other languages.
This role is primarily responsible to interface between Acoustic, DSP, Electrical, and Software Engineers to integrate DSP audio flows and configurations from the acoustic tuning lab into the final product firmware build. Identifying, developing, testing, and integrating new audio processing development tools, methods, and techniques to efficiently capture audio processor configurations for integration into embedded applications, eliminating the need for manual management of audio data is a primary responsibility.
The position is part of the North America engineering group for Sound United and will work with an experienced global engineering team to develop cutting-edge products for any of the Sound United brands including Polk Audio, Definitive Technologies, Boston Acoustics, Denon, Marantz, and Bowers and Wilkens.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of DSP and embedded systems – Analog and Digital signal processing and systems architectural development.
- Audio algorithm development – DSP implementation, code integration, and testing
- Engineering development – Interfacing and integration of audio, hardware, and firmware to meet product requirements and schedule.
- Interacting with Computers – Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to design, run simulations, debug, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Works in partnership with Acoustic, EE Hardware, and Software Engineering groups to create tools for audio research and development including system platforms, tools, functional prototypes, and related documentation.
- Works with ODM, OEM, suppliers, and/or contract manufacturers in the USA, Asia, and other regions to manage DSP development tasks.
- Thinking Creatively – Developing, designing, or creating new methods to increase efficiency and robustness of audio systems, or products, including conceptual contributions.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge – Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates – Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, electronic form, or in person.
- Provide Consultation and Advice to Others – Providing technical guidance and expert advice to management or other team members on technical systems topics.
- Identifies potential project technical risks and develops plans to mitigate those risks.
- Travel – to company and /or supplier locations in Asia, USA, Europe and other countries as appropriate to oversee or perform design and development tasks.
- Other duties – as assigned by supervisor
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidates for this position will usually have a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field and 5+ years of related industry experience. If you’ve taken a different path to meet the qualifications, we look forward to hearing your story.
- Proven experience in DSP techniques, particularly in solving audio challenges on contemporary application processors
- Experience with object-based audio tools such as DSP Concepts Audio Weaver, Mediatek Power AQ, MATLAB, D2 Audio Canvas, Analog Devices Sigma Studio or similar is required.
- Expected International Travel up to 15%
How to Apply:
Please mention AES001466 when applying for this position.