Apogee Electronics is a leading designer and manufacturer of products for audio recording in the music, film, digital streaming, and voice-over industries. Based in Santa Monica, CA, and was founded in 1985. Throughout Apogee’s 37-year history, they have consistently created innovative and award-winning technology recognized globally as an industry leader in professional and consumer audio. Apogee has been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY and OSCAR-winning performances by today’s most successful artists.
Most Apogee staff members are musicians or have an extensive background in video, live performance, or the professional recording industry. We are a team of creative professionals who share a passion for excellence, creativity, and innovation. Our sunny Santa Monica office features a fully built-out studio for recording, live streaming, and live events which is available to the staff to further their craft, experiment, and enjoy on off-hours.
Apogee Electronics is looking for a firmware engineer with a strong background in embedded real-time system, driver, and kernel development. You are expected to be experienced in working with ARM chips for real-time applications, proficient in C/C++ and ARM assembly language, with a strong background in communication protocols such as I2C and SPI. Experience in FPGA or other digital design related fields is highly desirable.
You will play a meaningful role in the development of Apogee’s next generation products, working closely with hardware and software designers as part of a small and agile design team.
You will help develop real time audio platforms on ARM platforms, assist in board bringup of custom hardware, and help develop prototypes in order to prove key design concepts and identify technical constraints up front. You will work with audio application developers on the performance of the drivers and overall system, as well as hardware engineers on the hardware peripherals and physical interfaces on custom hardware designs.
- 5+ years professional experience in firmware/software development and embedded systems engineering
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Must have strong understanding in ARM platform, kernel/driver level development experience is a plus
- Strong C/C++/assembly language background
- Understand optimizations and design trade-offs needed for real-time development
- Experience with ARM and developing for SOC devices, NXP SOCs a plus
- Low-level programming of peripherals and interfaces, and experience with a variety of embedded MCU devices and toolsets are desirable
- Knowledge/experience with FPGA and other digital design-related fields is a big plus.
- A basic understanding of audio recording, digital audio workstation software, and audio interface hardware is a plus
- Audio application development or signal processing experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hard-working, enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work independently and on a team
- Office Location in Santa Monica, CA.
- In-office position
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Competitive Salary Package including 401(k) plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Opportunity for growth
- Fully built-out studio and production office.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com