Job location: High Wycombe
Job title: Head of Content
Job description: Head of Content
Term: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Hybrid with offices in High Wycombe or Remote
Salary: up to £55000 pa + excellent benefits
We’re looking for a Head of Content to join our marketing team on a permanent basis. This role would suit someone with a background in either the MI, audio technology or electronic music production industries. The ideal candidate will be familiar with and / or a user of our products!
Our number one aim is to help our customers achieve their goals wherever they are on their journey and this role is crucial in helping them to do so. As Head of Content, you will own the vision, strategy and roadmap for our content and its delivery to customers across the Focusrite, Novation, Focusrite Pro, Ampify and The Collective brands.
Through a clear content plan that provides customers with inspiration, entertainment, education, and a convincing reason to buy in to our solutions, you will have the goal of increasing engagement across the entire customer journey; from top of funnel brand/product/needs awareness, through to customer onboarding and ongoing content to drive advocacy.
You will be strong creative with the ability to manage matrixed teams (in-house and external) to deliver effective user-centric content for different areas of the business, while ensuring the overarching style and narrative is consistent. From demand generation focussed PDFs and reports to product page copy and explainer video scripts, from social media activations to reseller comms and from blockbuster performance videos through to tutorial and getting started content….if there are words and videos involved, so will you be.
You should have experience of the MI industry, knowledge of our product ranges and an understanding of the customer groups we speak to, ideally being one of them yourself.
Core responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute our global content strategy, covering the end-to-end customer journey, making sure we are visible in a meaningful way at each stage.
- Create, maintain and prioritise a content roadmap to deliver on short- and long-term business objectives.
- Act as the lead custodian of our brands voices through all forms of content, ensuring that there is a user-centric story being told and needs being addressed throughout.
- Working closely with the wider Marketing, Digital, Customer Experience and Customer Insight teams, develop the best possible understanding of the customer’s needs and pain points, translating this to an actionable content plan.
- Working with the Marketing, Product and CX teams, map out all key customer journeys and how content contributes to these.
- Proactively work with our regional Sales & Marketing teams to understand their content needs, including localisation of existing content and guiding the creation of local content.
- Ownership of our global content budget and the commercial expectations associated with it.
- Continually analyse, optimise and report on our content performance, ensuring it is in line with clearly defined objectives and KPIs.
- Line manage, develop and coach copywriters and videographers within the marketing team; building a results-focused culture.
- Project manage all content programmes to key deadlines.
- Work with external content creators to deliver projects; artists, agencies, freelancers, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for music production, ideally being a music-maker yourself.
- 5+ years content marketing experience, ideally within the MI industry
- A bold creative and who spends time understanding customers, their goals and their needs
- Solid understanding of all forms of written and video content creation
- A proven track record in effectively shaping product messaging, as well building brands and driving advocacy through content
- Experience using data to understand performance and drive improvements in content
- Experience in embedding SEO best practices within content creation
- An open and empathetic leader and manager who gets the best from the team
- Exceptional collaboration and stakeholder management skills – able to work effectively with a variety of different people
Focusrite plc is a global music and audio group that develops and markets music technology products. Used by audio professionals and amateur musicians alike, its solutions facilitate the high-quality production of recorded and live sound. Our audio technology brands stand together, seeking to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity – ‘we make music easy to make’.
The Focusrite Group trades under eight established and rapidly growing brands: Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation, ADAM Audio, Sequential, Martin Audio, Optimal Audio and Ampify Music. With a high-quality reputation and a rich heritage spanning decades, its brands are category leaders in the music-making industry.
Music technology is an enriching space to work in and we enjoy a Group-wide open-door culture which encourages innovation. This culture, combined with a passion for the inspirational solutions we create, has led to the group winning numerous accolades, including four Queen’s Awards for Enterprise and the AIM Company of the Year Award 2021.
The Focusrite Group is dedicated to building a great place to work and as an equal opportunity employer we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion. The group mission is to cultivate an equitable culture, internally and externally, where all people feel they are welcome and positively represented, whether office-based or working remotely. Equally, we recognise the major impact that climate change is having on our world and work every day towards being industry leaders in a carbon neutral future.
Benefits include flexible/hybrid working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, company music events, free breakfast/lunch in the canteen at Focusrite HQ. We arrange company training sessions and encourage personal development.
How to apply: