For over 30 years, Paradigm has set the standard for innovation and technology in loudspeaker manufacturing. We are a vertically integrated designer, manufacturer, and distributor of high-end, luxury consumer electronics. Paradigm has set the standard for excellence in every product category we offer. Our focus is on providing the best in luxury performance and value, while continually pushing the boundaries in design and quality. Reporting to the Team Lead for the Industrial Design and Mechanical Engineering team, the Industrial Designer is responsible for the creation and development of new product that optimizes the company’s design philosophy, product definition and engineering principles in all aspects of design, from initial concept through to manufacturing and product release.
- Responsible for the conceptualization and design development of new speaker designs and related product under the supervision of the Manager of the Industrial Design and Mechanical Engineering team.
- Collaboration with the product management team and acoustic engineers to define new product objectives that reflect consumer needs and trends, and to design product accordingly.
- Presentation of multiple new concepts by way of computer models, renderings and prototypes. • Industrial and Mechanical design detailing.
- Collaboration with manufacturing.
- Participation in Design for Manufacturing reviews.
- Utilization of knowledge of various manufacturing methods and machinery, material selection, fabrication and finishing, and best engineering practices related to woodworking, metal works and plastics.
- Specification of materials and finishes.
- ECN responsibilities.
- Preparation, Organization and Maintenance of design data and documentation, including professional 2D drawings
Education and Skills
- University Degree in Industrial Design. • 1-3 years of consumer product design experience
- Up-to-date portfolio showing previous product design work history
- Strong sketching skills and creative talent
- Strong design detailing skills
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and materials
- High proficiency in Solidworks 3D modeling skills including complex surfacing.
- Experience doing 2D/3D renderings with Keyshot or equivalent to support designs and marketing department.
- Understanding of rapid prototyping technologies
- Experience in electronics/mechanical assemblies and design for manufacturability.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- Knowledge / experience with CNC operations, plastic molding, extrusions, casting, wood shop fabrication and fine finishing are desirable.
- Ability to work in project team environment within predefined project schedules and budgets.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate and present ideas internally/externally across multiple locations
- Capable of handling multiple projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment; tight timelines are the norm and adapting to new processes is key
- Willingness to innovate and push the envelope of current state of the art in audio products.
- Able to adapt to changing work demands and conditions.
- Customer centric approach, able to provide exceptional service and quality to external and internal customers.
How to Apply
Submit your resume along with a cover letter here.
No phone calls or agencies please