Resonado Labs’ Chicago headquarters is looking for a motivated and creative candidate with a passion for audio to join the company’s U.S. transducer engineering team. Candidates should be ready to take on new challenges by assuming a highly visible role in a small, yet ambitious organization and expect extensive collaboration across departments. Our company maintains a horizontal organizational culture with a strong emphasis on meritocracy. With transparent communication and open channels welcoming new ideas, Resonado Labs is an ideal environment for an engineer looking to become an early member of a rapidly expanding company poised to bring a new wave of innovation to the audio industry.
- Learning and mastering loudspeaker motor and suspension design in COMSOL (specifically for FCS transducer architecture) to design corresponding transducer components
- Contributing to and eventually spearheading new FCS Technology R&D efforts via simulation
- Documenting and presenting data and analysis to various departments (engineering, sales, marketing, design) and externally to clients
- Continuously advancing individual level of FEA theory and COMSOL knowledge through training, exploratory learning, and reading to become leading acoustic transducer simulation engineer
- Expanding and maintaining material parameter database through working with sub-component vendors, advanced material measurement equipment, and available third-party measurements
- Completing acoustic measurements using Klippel R&D system to validate simulation results
- Collaborating with customers, manufacturers, and licensees to drive and assist transducer co-development, design for manufacturing, acoustic performance optimization, and other related tasks
- Passion for improving how people experience sound
- Passion for creating cutting edge and innovative technologies
- Holistic understanding of loudspeakers and Thiele-Small parameters
- Basic experience with COMSOL Multiphysics
- Some experience with CAD and 3D-design
- A basic understanding of Finite Element Analysis theory
- Outstanding ability to think critically, problem solve, and work independently
- Strong communication, documentation, and presentation skills
- Must be qualified to work in the U.S. and have no restrictions for international travel
- Ability to commute to Resonado’s Chicago office in River West daily
- B.S. or M.S. in mechanical, electrical, or acoustic engineering
- One or more years of experience with COMSOL or Ansys
- Ability to navigated COMSOL Multiphysics’s interface
- Deeper understanding of how Thiele-Small parameters translate into real-world physical interactions in the electrical, mechanical, and acoustic domains
- Experience with acoustic testing equipment such as Klippel, SoundCheck, and Audio Precision and ability to analyze data with tools such as MATLAB, Python, and similar tools to verify and validate simulation
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or or Korean is a strong plus
The applicant must be a flexible, results-oriented problem-solver who is passionate about introducing large-scale innovation into the loudspeaker industry.
Resonado Labs evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
How to apply:
All inquiries should be directed to email@example.com.