- Technical leadership and line management of the Consumer Audio Partnerships Engineering Team.
- Assign, coordinate & manage engineering activities and deliverables within the team in support of awarded partnership programmes and new business pursuits.
- Provide overall technical leadership on the definition of audio system architecture and signal flow, and the design, execution and tuning of premium audio systems to meet Masimo Consumer brands audio quality and performance standards.
- Provide guidance to partners on the optimisation of transducer designs, packaging and mechanical structures to ensure consistent acoustic performance.
- Collaborate closely with partners and suppliers on the creation of transducer & structural prototypes and the integration of prototype components into audio systems.
- Drive research and innovation of new technologies relevant to audio systems.
- Benchmarking of partner and competitor products.
- Stay abreast of technology and trends in the consumer electronics industries and across our consumer brands. Ensuring that our audio technology offerings an engineering capabilities are kept up to date and relevant.
- Reporting and presentation of research and development activities to internal teams and external partners.
- Support development activities in other product categories when needed.
- Collaborate with the internal research and product development teams in introducing new and brand specific technologies into partnership products.
- Drive continuous improvement of engineering processes, tools and capabilities.
- Willing to travel to support development projects and audio tuning.
Graduate in Acoustic Engineering, or other relevant discipline. Proven experience of leading system architecture definition, integration and development of high quality products in the audio industry. Proven experience of working with Dolby Tuning tools and/or other similar tuning platforms. Transducer Design Experience Experience with audio test and measurement equipment. Excellent attention to detail Ability to drive tasks to completion Strong written and interpersonal communication skills in English. A passion for engineering and audio.
- Understanding and experience of mechanical design and materials and manufacturing methods
- Experience with electronics and electronics design
Masimo Consumer is a newly formed division within Masimo, the most innovative remote patient monitoring company in the world. This division oversees the consumer audio business (formerly called Sound United) and Masimo’s expansion into consumer health. Masimo Consumer strives to improve lives through consumer centric innovations. One of the world’s largest portfolio audio companies, Masimo Consumer Audio is home to eight legendary audio brands: Bowers & Wilkins®, Denon®, Polk Audio®, Marantz®, Definitive Technology®, Classé®, and Boston Acoustics®. Each brand boasts its own philosophy and unique approach to bringing sound and home entertainment to life. With over 300 years of innovative audio and home solution expertise, Masimo Consumer Audio improves lives by creating distinct and immersive listening experiences for a wide range of consumers in more than 130 countries. To learn more about Masimo Consumer Audio and its brands, visit their website.
To apply for this position, please click here.