PK Sound is currently looking for a creative, self-starting engineer who is ready to develop new loudspeaker products with passion and precision.
As a successful candidate, you will be joining our team of passionate mechanical, acoustic, and software engineers. You will be developing and supporting new technologies that are revolutionizing the way sound is experienced at venues across the globe. Our technology includes world-class loudspeaker systems, embedded systems, integration with DSP chips, and large-scale network communication.
At PK Sound, people are number one, and these people own the company. PK is owned by all of us, the people on the ground, in the trenches, doing the real work and who truly have a passion for what our company is about: creating powerful experiences! Only with this as our core philosophy can we truly give our customers, who are our partners, the exceptional products and service to build long-lasting, mutually beneficial business relationships.
PK Sound is an owner-operated advanced loudspeaker manufacturer proudly headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and servicing the world. We pride ourselves on being a fresh alternative to the status quo, providing creative and innovative solutions in an ever-evolving marketplace. It is one thing to hear music; it is another to experience it. PK was born out of the marriage of acoustic engineering and human emotion, in facilitation of the connection between artist and fan. We measure performance as much in the reaction of a devoted fan as in the read-out of a lab instrument. In all we do, wherever the PK logo appears, there can be no compromise, and no end in our desire to achieve new standards of performance, better approaches to collaboration, and new avenues of innovation to advance industry technology for all.
There is no doubt we work hard, but we have a lot of fun doing it and share in our successes. If you are looking for a company with an amazing brand, industry-changing technology, an exceptional workplace environment, and that’s poised for aggressive growth on the global stage, this job is for you!
Benefits of working at PK include:
- Employee ownership equity program
- Working with cutting-edge technology
- Fun work environment
- Making the world a happier place
- Flex days
- Attractive benefits
- Full onsite gym
- Music studio
- Free parking
- Company excursions
- Company laptop
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the new product design process from conception to production.
- Create 3D mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Analyze on structural systems via FEA simulation.
- Create technical drawings, i.e., construction, assembly, and as-fitted drawings.
- Assemble, prepare, and test prototypes.
- Create bills of materials and procure samples for prototypes.
- Create product documentation and user manuals.
- Manage certification of products through standards organizations.
- Track and analyze project costs.
- Loudspeaker measurement and analysis.
- Develop testing procedures to enhance product quality and performance.
- Field test loudspeakers to ensure operation under extreme conditions.
- Participate in all phases of product lifecycle from specification to testing.
- Evaluate, choose, and communicate with new and existing vendors.
- Assist in procurement and sourcing of parts and materials.
- Effectively communicate progress and problems to management and other departments.
- Loudspeakers and electronics.
- Robotics and control systems.
- Drafting experience creating technical drawings.
- Agile product development lifecycle experience (Kanban, Scrum).
- 5+ years product development experience.
- 5+ years SolidWorks experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A valid passport with the ability to travel without restriction.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their resume by email here.