Based in Mississauga, for over forty years our company, an industry-leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality consumer electronics products, has set the standard for excellence in every product category we offer. Our focus is on providing the best in performance and Luxury/Value, while continually pushing the upper boundaries in design and quality. Mechanical Design Engineer / Product Design Engineer We are looking for a seasoned professional to work in our Mechanical Design department. Working in close collaboration with industrial designers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers and even software developers, you will play a key role in creating mechanical design for products that last, with particular emphasis on quality and user experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Define the look and feel or new products
- Create designs for manufacturability and assembly
- Optimize internal product layout for best mechanical and thermal performance
- Qualify vendors and manage vendors through the part RFQ process
- Validate engineering samples receivables
- Work with Production, Supply Chain and Quality teams to ensure smooth implementation of designs in production, continuous improvement and post-release support of products
- Participate in Project Management activities: write requirements and specifications documents, parts and subsystems validation protocols, work with the PM to define the scope of work, decompose and create estimations for tasks and deliverables
- Assign tasks and evaluates work of junior members of the mechanical team
- Experience designing consumer electronics and/or power electronics products
- Graduate in mechanical engineering, industrial design or an equivalent
- Expert in Solidworks
- Knowledge of advanced Solidworks Pro/Premium features (Cable routing, Wire harness design, Advanced Surface Flattening, Static analysis, Tolerance Stack-up Analysis) would be a strong asset
- DFMA (Design for Manufacture and Assembly) guru
- Experience in thermal / heat transfer analysis through FEA and experimenting
- Methodological approach to work • You can define and build prototypes, plan experiments and analyze results to resolve ambiguities
- You produce quality, readable drawings for production and quality control. GD&T and ASME Y14.5 are your life partners!
- Your previous designs contained parts made of different materials, fabricated by different techniques and maybe even coming from different suppliers
- Experience working with external suppliers (local and overseas) is a strong asset
- You understand the behavior of different materials and practical limitations of fabrication techniques (sheet metal, casting, extrusion, injection molding, CNC) and optimize designs accordingly
- Experience supervising junior team members or leading a small team would be an asset
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams would be a strong asset
- You are a strong communicator and are not shy to raise flags when things go wrong. Stay assured you’ll receive proper credits for work once things are sorted out!
- Understanding of the product development process and of the project management techniques is a strong asset.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter here.
No phone calls or agencies please.