Based in Mississauga, for almost forty years, our company, an industry-leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality consumer electronics products, has set the standard for excellence in every product category we offer. Our focus is on providing the best in performance, value, and design; delivering innovative solutions to a global network of home technology specialists and distributors.
With our continued growth, an opportunity now exists for the right person to join our Design and Engineering team. The successful candidate will be responsible for applying the company’s engineering principles and design philosophy to complete all aspects of mechanical design from initial concept through manufacturing and product release.
Paradigm offers a very competitive compensation package with a full range of benefits. For our employees, working here is not just a job – it is a passion.
- Responsible for leading development of all mechanical aspects of loudspeaker design.
- Participate in the new products development and refinement of industrial design concepts; working closely with product/marketing manager
- Translating product requirements into design options and making recommendations to meet customer needs.
- Utilizing computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop mechanical solutions utilizing standard industry principles for product design.
- Evaluating design options through computer modeling, prototyping and DFM reviews.
- Collaborate closely with acoustic design engineers. Provide design improvements on all elements of the loudspeaker for best possible acoustic performance.
- Utilize knowledge of various machines, best engineering practices, mathematics, materials selection, fabrication and finishing processes and other physical sciences to complete documentation.
- Create compelling and thoughtful work that exceeds customer expectation.
- Ordering sample and/or prototype materials and products.
- Support manufacturing startup and continuous improvement.
- Creating and revising production electro-mechanical drawings (assembly drawings with details).
- Creating and executing engineering change notices.
- Mentoring and developing Junior designers
- Other duties, as required.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate technical discipline: Mechanical Engineer, Industrial Design or related equivalent experience and/or education.
- 3+ years of direct product development experience, preferably in the consumer electronics industry.
- High proficiency in Solidworks 3D modeling skills including complex surfacing.
- Experience using 3D rendering to support design decisions and marketing with Keyshot or equivalent.
- Experience in EPDM vault files management preferred
- Proficient with GD&T and tolerance stack calculations and best drafting practice desired
- Experience in electronics/mechanical assemblies packaging and design for manufacturability
- Experience in program management (MS Project, WorkFront, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- Knowledge / experience with CNC operations, plastic molding, extrusions, casting, wood shop fabrication and fine finishing are desirable.
- Proven project technical leadership and ability to work within predefined project schedules and budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate and present ideas internally/externally across multiple locations.
- Capable of handling multiple projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment; tight timelines are the norm and adapting to new processes is key.
- Consumer product design experience desired.
- User interface experience desired.
- Willingness to innovate and push the envelope of current state of the art in audio products.
- Able to adapt to changing work demands and conditions.
- Customer centric approach, able to provide exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Passion for music and high-quality sound.
How to apply:
Please submit resume along with cover letter here.