Rockford Corporation, located in Tempe Arizona is the leading designer and manufacturer of high performance mobile audio products. We are looking to add a Mechanical Engineer to join our Engineering Team. This is a highly visible position in the company and we’re looking for a good fit within the department and the organization. We offer a casual work environment and great benefits. Our employees are very passionate about their work and are encouraged to bring new ideas and creativity to their jobs.
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will exhibit expertise in a variety of mechanical concepts, practices, and procedures. Integral contributor to new product design process. Present mechanical concepts and solutions clearly to the New Product Development team. Translate 3D surface models of industrial designs into functional mechanical parts and assemblies for manufacturing. Heavy emphasis on injection molded design, sheet metal, casting, and extrusion. Integrate mechanical designs with mating electrical assemblies. Our Engineers communicate (daily) with offshore suppliers to improve value and quality of parts and assemblies. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. You may work as the lead design engineer, or in teams. We are looking for a self-motivated engineer with a wide degree of creativity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participates in the new product design process- from conception to production.
- Provides design for manufacturing guidance to industrial design team.
- Performs 3D modeling of all components and assemblies
- Ensures functional design aesthetics align with industrial design intent.
- Interfaces and collaborates with suppliers, customers, and other staff.
- Performs analysis of assembly methods, and part tolerance stack up.
- Designs sheet metal, extrusions, die castings, plastic moldings, and assemblies.
- Performs cost estimate analysis.
- Performs electrical and mechanical interfacing analysis.
- Creates and checks 2D drawings that comply with ANSI Y14.5 standards
- Writes reports and documentation.
- Ensures projects are completed on schedule and within approved budget.
- Must be proficient in Solidworks (solids, surfacing, assemblies, drawings, analysis)
- Experience in Creo (nice to have)
- Must have experience in mechanical product design (4+ years experience preferred).
- Must be comfortable working on multiple projects with varying levels of complexity at the same time.
- Knowledge of thermal dynamics, material composition, and material properties.
- Familiarity with the integration of complete audio systems including source units, speakers, subwoofers, and amplifiers (nice to have).
- Working knowledge of typical design and performance standards, design verification testing, part qualification process, and quality systems and standards such as ISO and QS.
- Minimum of B.S.M.E. degree required.
How to apply: Interested applicants, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is based in Tempe Arizona.
To learn about Rockford, please visit us at www.rockfordcorp.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in the workplace.