Based in Mississauga, for almost forty years, our company, an industry-leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality consumer electronics products, has set the standard for excellence in every product category we offer. Our focus is on providing the best in performance, value, and design; delivering innovative solutions to a global network of home technology specialists and distributors.
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for the overall management and operational success of new product development as it relates to the Paradigm/Anthem product mix.
This includes increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers and partners.
You will communicate product development objectives through all areas of the organization and will work with engineering, sales and product development to define product requirements.
Furthermore, you will work with the Marketing team to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and the target consumer. You will serve as the internal and external evangelist for the product offering, occasionally working with the Sales channel and Key Accounts to instill the brand’s value proposition and provide the necessary training insights to convey the product’s unique selling proposition. You will also be responsible for conducting Voice of the Customer as it relates to new product development.
- Conducting market research to anticipate market trends for the various product categories, determine competitiveness in product designs, help drive innovation and assist in establishing pricing for both domestic and international markets.
- Coordinating product plan development and brand strategy working with the Senior Product Manager, engineering, outside vendors, and the marketing and sales department, consulting with the various teams on market requirements and product features.
- Assisting in planning and coordination of product launches.
- Coordinating ongoing product changes/improvements with engineering and production teams.
- Reviewing/editing/maintaining product owner’s manuals.
- Attending trade shows, participating in all product-related planning and marketing meetings, participating and facilitating in product evaluations.
- Assist in developing product training materials for sales managers, reps and dealers, participate in factory and field training events.
- Actively support key accounts through technical training.
- Provide the highest level of technical and field support.
- Provide the necessary project management support.
- 5+ years of consumer electronics experience with at least 2 years’ experience in a field-facing role (retail, custom install, training etc.)
- Technical knowledge and understanding of the AVR, pre-amplifier and amplifier product categories.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of home automation with extra emphasis on audio distribution and integration. Control 4, Savant, Crestron, etc.
- College or University degree preferred; post-secondary required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient use of G-Suite, Monday.com or other project management software.
- Ability to present to both internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Willingness to travel.
- MUST be professional and have high energy.
- Attention to detail and an eye for the specifics.
- Ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into feature/benefits.
- Perform other duties as required.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org