Rockford Fosgate is seeking a product manager to join its New Product Development team. This position will report to the Director of NPD.
- Brainstorming new product and category concepts in the mobile audio space
— Source units, speakers, amps, DSP management, vehicle level integration, future growth categories
- Product innovation in support of technology shelf
- End user and distributor research (ethnography)
- Marketplace awareness/understanding
- Using inputs of end user and brainstorm to inform 5-year product roadmap
- Defines product requirements, specs, to yield class-leading audio products
- Pricing, margin, annual quantity estimation
- Positioning of product in price point and feature level strategy
- SKU rationalization
- Driving feature/benefit analysis through the development process in support of outward marketing campaign
- Creation of product proposals based on approved roadmap
- Product owners and shepherds throughout product development process
- Comfortable and confident giving presentations to room of internal and external stakeholders (PPT)
- Collaboration across departments (marketing, engineering, sales, supply chain, finance)
- Create, drive, and execute 5 year product roadmap
- Provide customer, sales, tech support training in support of new product launches
- Travel to support customers, factories, and shows both regionally and internationally (approx. 10-25%)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, engineering, business or other relevant discipline
- 5-10 years of experience as a product manager
- Strong organizational skills
- Stage gate process understanding
- Prior experience/passion in audio applications
- Knowledge of automotive, motorcycle, motorsports, marine brands
- PMP, CAPM, Scrum Master, or other project management discipline certification
How to apply: Interested applicants, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This position is based in Tempe, Arizona.
To learn about Rockford, please visit us at www.rockfordcorp.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in the workplace.