Rockford Fosgate is seeking a proactive, disciplined, and organized project manager to join our New Product Development team in Tempe, AZ in support of current and future growth in the mobile audio space. This position reports to the Director of NPD.
• Responsible for managing projects within the Rockford Fosgate product development process
• Key areas of expertise are:
— Process- This role will have direct access and influence on product development process. Creation of process that is absent, and revision of process that is overly cumbersome or non-value added.
— Documentation- Creation, change, and maintenance of full range of documents to support product development process, and support of OEM customer’s APQP documentation
— Timing- Identifies RASIC matrix, and tracks master project schedule. Additionally, will chair stage gate events and drive internal stakeholders to deliverables.
— Cost Management- Will work with other departments and team members to manage costing throughout development process.
— Performance Management- With support of engineering sr. management, tracking of performance of product during the development process.
• Coordination of deliverables across loudspeaker, mechanical, amplifier, and software engineering.
• Creates and maintains projects in project management software, assigns dates and deliverables.
• Will chair, lead, and drive all team/stage gate meetings in support of new products
• While not a technical expert, able to understand and accurately convey technical information in order to support/inform senior management during updates
• Understanding of critical path items such as tooling lead times, validation, certification of electronic components, etc
• Collaboration across departments- Must be able to gain trust and influence key stakeholders positively without direct report authority
• Travel to support customers regionally (approx. 10%)
• Bachelor of Science degree in technical discipline, or project management degree with prior work in technical discipline
• 3-7 years of experience as a project manager
• Use of MS Project, Teams, Jira, Rally or similar project management/development sharing platforms
• Strong organizational skills
• Stage gate process
• Knowledge and experience in implementing project management best practices (PMBOK, Agile, Scrum, etc..)
• Understanding and experience with physical product development (hardware). Tooling lead times of castings, extrusions, injection, rotationally molded parts is critical to this role. Preference will be given to those who have both hardware and software project management experience.
• PMP, CAPM, Scrum Master (CSM), or other project management discipline certification
• Experience with Agile software development process/ SDLC (e.g. SCRUM, KANBAN and/or XP) as well as waterfall
• Prior experience in/passion for audio applications and products
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
How to apply: Interested applicants, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This position is based in Tempe, Arizona. To learn about Rockford, please visit us at www.rockfordcorp.com. We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity in the workplace.