Location: High Wycombe, UK
Term: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £25000 – £40000 depending on experience + excellent benefits
Do you have professional hardware testing experience?
Are you passionate and knowledgeable about music, audio technology, and recording?
If you have answered yes to both of the above, we’d love to hear from you! We are expanding our QA Team, and we are looking for someone to help us develop the next generations of our industry leading audio interfaces.
What you will be doing
- Reporting to the head of the Focusrite QA team, you will be taking responsibility for the successful delivery of all QA activities on your assigned projects.
- You’ll establish your own areas of expertise within the team and support the continuous evolution of our test approaches and tools.
- You’ll work closely with the rest of the QA Team, and other members of the Engineering Department, including Product and Project Managers, as well as Hardware, Software and Firmware Developers.
Key activities include
- Evaluating new product concepts from a quality perspective, and defining the scope of required testing/QA activities
- Planning and executing functional, non-functional, and user acceptance tests during new product development
- Working closely with other teams in the R&D, Engineering, and Operations Departments to ensure a collaborative approach to product quality
- Developing your own areas of technical expertise, and sharing this knowledge with the rest of the QA team
- Supporting our existing users with testing for maintenance updates, as well as ensuring on-going compatibility with third party software and hardware releases
An ideal candidate is likely to be
- From a testing or quality assurance background, with 2+ years of professional experience working with hardware and embedded firmware
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant discipline
- ISTQB certified (Foundation Level or higher)
- Familiar with automated testing, and at least one programming language (preferably Python)
- A clear communicator, methodical and rigorous, with a logical approach to problem solving
- Self-motivated, with a track record of improving test processes and coverage
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music, audio technology, and recording
I don’t have all the experience you’ve asked for, should I still apply?
Our priority is to find the right fit for the team, and for the company, and we will always do what we can to support individual development. In other words, if you don’t quite have all the experience listed above, we’d still be interested in hearing from you. Let us know what you would bring to the role, and why you’d be a great fit for the team.
Focusrite plc is a global music and audio group that develops and markets music technology products. Used by audio professionals and amateur musicians alike, its solutions facilitate the high-quality production of recorded and live sound. Our audio technology brands stand together, seeking to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity – ‘we make music easy to make’.
The Focusrite Group trades under eight established and rapidly growing brands: Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation, ADAM Audio, Sequential, Martin Audio, Optimal Audio and Ampify Music. With a high-quality reputation and a rich heritage spanning decades, its brands are category leaders in the music-making industry.
Music technology is an enriching space to work in and we enjoy a Group-wide open-door culture which encourages innovation. This culture, combined with a passion for the inspirational solutions we create, has led to the group winning numerous accolades, including four Queen’s Awards for Enterprise and the AIM Company of the Year Award 2021.
The Focusrite Group is dedicated to building a great place to work and as an equal opportunity employer we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion. The group mission is to cultivate an equitable culture, internally and externally, where all people feel they are welcome and positively represented, whether office-based or working remotely. Equally, we recognise the major impact that climate change is having on our world and work every day towards being industry leaders in a carbon neutral future.
Benefits include flexible/hybrid working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, company music events, free breakfast/lunch in the canteen at Focusrite HQ. We arrange company training sessions and encourage personal development.
How to apply