Apogee Electronics is a leading designer and manufacturer of products for audio recording in the music, film, digital streaming, and voice-over industries. Based in Santa Monica, CA, and was founded in 1985. Throughout Apogee’s 37-year history, they have consistently created innovative and award-winning technology recognized globally as an industry leader in professional and consumer audio. Apogee has been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning performances by today’s most successful artists.
Most Apogee staff members are musicians or have an extensive background in video, live performance, or the professional recording industry. We are a team of creative professionals who share a passion for excellence, creativity, and innovation. Our sunny Santa Monica office features a fully built-out studio for recording, live streaming, and live events which is available to the staff to further their craft, experiment, and enjoy on off-hours.
The Sales Specialist position will be a member of a team responsible for Apogee’s relationship with distributors, retailers, and high-profile end-users and is tasked with providing growth and positive customer experiences. You will be required to identify, prospect, and acquire new end-user business by developing the indirect channel. The Sales Associate will play a key role in expanding Apogee’s brand recognition, market share, and e-commerce strategy.
- Self-motivated self-starter, obsessed with driving results
- Exceptional communicator with a love for public speaking
- Passion for music creation and high-quality audio
- Flexible and able to thrive and adapt to constantly changing environments
- Highly organized
- Knowledge and background in professional audio systems including recording, live sound, and broadcast
- Understand underlying Apple and Windows technology, interface protocols, hardware and software software.
- Familiarized with popular DAWs such as Logic Pro X, Garageband, Pro Tools, Ableton LIve, and Cubase
- Direct experience working in a professional audio recording studio environment
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint and Apple Keynote
- Helpful to be a musician with experience in recording
- Knowledge and background of professional audio systems including recording, live sound and broadcast, post-production,
- Knowledge of content creation tools, online streaming software, as well as ‘work at home’ workflows.
- Working knowledge of Applications / Plugins such as Source Connect, Audio Movers – Listen to
- Working knowledge of Zoom, Meet, Skype, Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, and Twitter. Twitch
- Working knowledge of multichannel audio for video workflows, Final Cut, Adobe
- Minimum 3-5 years in a professional sales role (Apple retail experience a plus)
- 1-3 years in a B2B channel sales environment, music hardware, broadcast or consumer
- Electronics experience preferred
- Sales forecasting experience
- Office location Santa Monica, CA
- This is an in-person, in-office position
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Job Type: Full-time
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Apogee is a Santa Monica 2017 Grand Prize Sustainable Quality Award Winner and a member of the Green Business Certification Program. This job description doesn’t constitute a contract of employment and Apogee may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. We will only consider resumes submitted with a cover letter.
Apogee Electronics is NOT seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity