An opportunity for an acoustic engineer with experience of developing loudspeaker systems to join the R&D team of a leading manufacturing brand based in the United States.
About the company
Our client is a global leader in the professional install and AV industries, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients and customers. Their loudspeaker products range from small install for conferencing, businesses and venues through to large scale sound systems for performance and sports stadiums.
About the role
In the role of Senior Acoustic Engineer you will design and develop loudspeaker products, working in a team to take products from initial concept through to manufacturing. You will need to have great communication skills, and be able to prototype, prove, evaluate and develop your designs. You will be working alongside other experienced loudspeaker designers in the team, and also have the opportunity to mentor less experienced engineers and pass on your knowledge.
You will have:
- A degree in acoustics, physics or electronics related to electroacoustics
- Professional experience of developing loudspeaker products
- COMSOL skills for modelling loudspeakers resonances, directivity and horn design.
- Acoustic measurement techniques (Audio precision, Klippel, Clio)
In your career you will have gained skills in some or all of the following:
- Audio System Design
- Broad use of simulation methods and tools (MATLAB, FEA, BEM) and a theoretical approach to developing loudspeakers.
- Advanced DSP techniques (EQ, dynamics, directivity)
- Transducer design and development is advantageous but not a requirement.
If this matches your goals for your next career move then please get in touch for more info or apply below.
How to apply:
Please submit your cv here