Lead development of new DSP algorithms and advise Senior Management of strategic and functional needs for the development of new DSP algorithms. Lead roadmap activity for future iterations of existing DSP features as well as future implementation of DSP algorithms based on keeping up with Market Trends and Customer needs. Write specifications detailing the requirements and functionality of new DSP algorithms and ensure execution thereof in a development plan together with the SW Engineering and any DSP team members; direct other Engineers and Project members in their work to deliver these algorithms. Create GUI mockups and prototypes. Provide Mentorship within the company for both customers and internal team members regarding DSP algorithms (i.e., act as the teacher for others to understand more about what the DSP feature does, what the customer will want to use it for, and how to bring it to feature mature state). Utilize their experience in LabView to lead and execute the integration of the developed features in SoundCheck. Lead all activity to coordinate the road mapping, planning and execution of DSP related features for current and future versions of the SoundCheck Software. Lead the user manual documentation for DSP Algorithms, and contribute or lead the composition of Research (White Papers) regarding the DSP features developed and included in SoundCheck. Mentor Technical Support to help SoundCheck users with DSP related issues. Keep abreast of advances in audio and test measurement, and lead the propagation of that knowledge within the Listen community. Report to the Software Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Sciences, Machine Sciences, Computer Engineering, Digital Signal Processing, or related, or the foreign equivalent.
- 4 years of DSP Engineering experience. 3 years working creating Audio (or closely related) DSP qualification test algorithms.
- MATLAB proficiency demonstrated by 3 years developing DSP algorithms.
- LabView proficiency demonstrated by 3 years developing DSP based test code in LabView.
- 1 year of experience working with Jira (or similar “ticket” based SW planning tools).
- Willingness and ability to work on-site in Boston Office (4 days per week minimum).
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
with the subject line ‘Senior DSP Engineer’.