Resonado’s Chicago headquarters is looking for a motivated and creative candidate with a passion for loudspeakers to join the company’s U.S. Frontier Engineering team. Candidates should be ready to take on new challenges by assuming a highly visible role in a small, yet ambitious organization and expect extensive collaboration across departments. Our company maintains a horizontal organizational culture with a strong emphasis on meritocracy. With transparent communication and open channels welcoming new ideas, Resonado is an ideal environment for an experienced engineer looking to become an early member of a rapidly expanding company poised to bring a new wave of innovation to the audio industry.
- Playing a foundational role in Resonado’s Frontier R&D team as it develops acoustic technologies across software and hardware verticals into commercially viable products
- Driving hardware system architecture for important Frontier R&D projects with emphasis on audio ICs (such as FPGAs), amplifiers, power sources, and everything and anything related to signal path from input to output
- Creating and sourcing complex digital and analog electronics systems for hundreds of channels of audio
- Designing extensive schematics and PCBs and programming corresponding systems to route signals in devices from mini ultrasonic arrays to home audio soundbars to large arrays projecting sound over a mile
- Evaluate audio electrical designs against system specifications such as power, EMI/EMC, thermal, reliability, and other tests
- Working with leading engineers and scientists from large potential customers to integrate new Resonado Labs technologies into their products
- Becoming a leading expert on Resonado’s proprietary acoustic technologies and contributing to the expansion of the company’s intellectual property portfolio
- Passion for hardware and electronics systems and improving how people experience sound
- Passion for creating cutting edge and innovative products
- 7+ years of experience in hardware and electronics system design (such as PCB design), with demonstrable design and implementation experience relevant to potential Frontier R&D technologies
- Comfortable working with standard audio hardware and software systems
- Self-driven engineer
- Effective communication and presentation skills including project planning, documentation of technical requirements, and technical presentations
- Must be qualified to work in the U.S. and have no restrictions for international travel
- Ability to commute to Resonado’s Chicago office in River West on a daily basis
- Strong electrical design knowledge, specifically in multichannel loudspeaker or microphone array system design
- Strong DSP programming skills
- FPGA experience
- Experienced in conceiving, writing, and publishing patents
- Members of our engineering team have degrees in Acoustics or a similar field (mechanical or electrical engineering, physics, etc.), but if you have taken a different route to gain the required experience, that is acceptable
Resonado Labs evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
How to apply:
All inquiries should be directed to email@example.com.