- Work with the team to develop new functionality within the smart speaker embedded code, ensuring that it is reliable and maintainable, as well as meeting requirements.
- Debug and problem solve within areas of existing smart speaker embedded code where necessary.
- Exemplify embedded software development, using modern standards of software engineering.
- Mentor other members of the organisation working on embedded activities.
- Experience in networking and audio is highly desirable
Relevant qualification in computer science, software engineering, science, or equivalent work experience.
Key Technical Skills:
- Highly experienced in developing and testing embedded software in C and C++
- Highly experienced in delivering quality code that is clear, concise, well-documented and adheres to commercial standards
- Understanding of Linux device architectures, embedded systems and device drivers
- Demonstrable understanding of testing throughout the product lifecycle, both at code-level (unit testing) and application-level (manual/system/automation testing)
- Experience of networking protocols e.g. TCP/IP etc.
- Knowledge of or interest in the audio market
- Knowledge of Bluetooth, smart speakers and music playback engines highly desirable
Key Personal Skills:
- Autonomy and initiative
- Comfortable taking responsibility and solving complex problems
- Communication and consensus building across multiple disciplines
- Analytical problem-solving and data-driven decision making
- Self-motivation and confidence
Masimo Consumer is a newly formed division within Masimo, the most innovative remote patient monitoring company in the world. This division oversees the consumer audio business (formerly called Sound United) and Masimo’s expansion into consumer health. Masimo Consumer strives to improve lives through consumer centric innovations. One of the world’s largest portfolio audio companies, Masimo Consumer Audio is home to eight legendary audio brands: Bowers & Wilkins®, Denon®, Polk Audio®, Marantz®, Definitive Technology®, Classé®, and Boston Acoustics®. Each brand boasts its own philosophy and unique approach to bringing sound and home entertainment to life. With over 300 years of innovative audio and home solution expertise, Masimo Consumer Audio improves lives by creating distinct and immersive listening experiences for a wide range of consumers in more than 130 countries. To learn more about Masimo Consumer Audio and its brands, visit their website.
To apply for this position, please click here.