Job title: Senior Marketing Manager / Head of Marketing (Novation)
Job description: Senior Marketing Manager / Head of Marketing (Novation)
Term: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Hybrid / Remote, head office in High Wycombe
Salary: £50000 – £70000 pa + OTE £10k + excellent benefits
As the Senior Marketing Manager / Head of Marketing you will own the vision and strategy for our Novation brand positioning, presentation, and messaging across all regions. You will lead our marketing activities with the ultimate goal of developing the brand to truly resonate with, and generate value for, our customers, while providing clear stand out from the competition.
The ideal candidate will have experience in marketing management from the musical instrument sector, along with a knowledge of electronic music making/production, and ideally an awareness of Novation products. If this sounds like you please send details in your cover letter and CV!
You will be a proven leader who is able to pull together and motivate a cross-functional team to deliver on your vision, set clear objectives and ensure we are optimising spend and resources to create both efficient and effective campaigns.
As well as being an analytical and commercially focussed professional who has seen previous success in developing and managing brands, you will have a thorough knowledge of our product ranges and a strong understanding of the customer groups we speak to.
This role would suit an experienced Marketing professional who has a passion for music, music technology and music making.
Core responsibilities include:
- Develop and deliver effective marketing objectives and strategies that achieve the ambitious revenue targets of the brand.
- Own, define and champion the positioning and presentation of the Novation brand across all channels and regions, ensuring it resonates with the target audiences.
- Manage and maximise the overall marketing investment for the brand, ensuring we hit or exceed all our objectives as efficiently as possible.
- Plan, widely communicate and deliver a campaign roadmap to cover brand building activities, new product introductions/feature updates, ongoing support of products already in market and CLV initiatives.
- Continually review changes to the market, consumer trends and the activities of competitors, adjusting Novation marketing plans as required.
- Drive constant improvement and refinement of our marketing communications channels, ensuring there is a clear lead generation and subsequent nurturing programme for each.
- Work alongside our Product Management team to deliver clear, impactful and relevant product messaging as well as providing marketing input into the product roadmaps.
- Draw on all available data and run any required research with our Insights team, to develop the best possible understanding of our customers, their needs, and their goals – using this to make informed decisions on targeting, positioning and customer journey design.
- Perform full and ongoing analysis and reporting of our marketing efforts to understand the results we have driven, the performance vs. our expectation and to be able to share learnings to be applied to future activities.
- Line manage the Novation Marketing Manager and Novation Social Media Executive.
- Create cross-departmental teamwork, partnership and collaboration to deliver on our brand plans.
- Proactively keep up to date with the latest technologies and innovations within marketing, quickly identifying and acting on any areas of opportunity.
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years in a senior marketing role within the MI industry
- Good understanding of Novation products and the categories in which we operate
- A passion for music, music technology and music making
- A record of developing a clear, data-led understanding of customers and their needs
- A proven track record of successfully defining, managing, and growing a brand
- Demonstrable experience in building efficient and effective marketing and brand strategies
- Strong data literacy with the ability to derive actionable insight
- Proven budget optimization and management
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals
- Excellent influencing skills at any level of the business
- Effective line management experience and a love of nurturing talent
Focusrite plc is a global music and audio group that develops and markets music technology products. Used by audio professionals and amateur musicians alike, its solutions facilitate the high-quality production of recorded and live sound. Our audio technology brands stand together, seeking to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity – ‘we make music easy to make’.
The Focusrite Group trades under eight established and rapidly growing brands: Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation, ADAM Audio, Sequential, Martin Audio, Optimal Audio and Ampify Music. With a high-quality reputation and a rich heritage spanning decades, its brands are category leaders in the music-making industry.
Music technology is an enriching space to work in and we enjoy a Group-wide open-door culture which encourages innovation. This culture, combined with a passion for the inspirational solutions we create, has led to the group winning numerous accolades, including four Queen’s Awards for Enterprise and the AIM Company of the Year Award 2021.
The Focusrite Group is dedicated to building a great place to work and as an equal opportunity employer we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion. The group mission is to cultivate an equitable culture, internally and externally, where all people feel they are welcome and positively represented, whether office-based or working remotely. Equally, we recognise the major impact that climate change is having on our world and work every day towards being industry leaders in a carbon neutral future.
Benefits include flexible/hybrid working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, company music events, free breakfast/lunch in the canteen at Focusrite HQ. We arrange company training sessions and encourage personal development.
How to apply: