Resonado Labs’ Chicago headquarters is looking for a motivated and creative candidate with a passion for loudspeakers to join the company’s U.S. acoustic transducer engineering team. Candidates should be ready to take on new challenges by assuming a highly visible role in a small, yet ambitious organization and expect extensive collaboration across departments. Our company maintains a horizontal organizational culture with a strong emphasis on meritocracy. With transparent communication and open channels welcoming new ideas, Resonado Labs is an ideal environment for an experienced engineer looking to become an early member of a rapidly expanding company poised to bring a new wave of innovation to the audio industry.
- Playing a crucial role driving research and development of high potential loudspeaker technology as Senior Mechanical Engineer on a creative and agile team
- Working with the acoustic simulation team to design transducers and related components using CAD software to create 3D models and drawings
- Developing assembly processes for prototype runs and high-volume manufacturing
- Building prototype transducers and completing reliability and quality testing, as well as other mechanical engineering related testing
- Establishing organization-wide mechanical engineering systems, from overarching PDM system to drawing templates to knowledge base
- Working with sub-component vendors to source and manufacture various components
- Collaborating with Resonado Labs’ licensed manufacturers and customers on transducer mechanical design, end-product integration, production, and other mechanical engineering related matters
- Solving difficult mechanical problems and challenges utilizing a variety of methods, from simulation to quick experimentation
- Becoming a leading expert on the mechanical components of Resonado Labs’ proprietary FCS technology and contributing to the expansion of the company’s intellectual property portfolio
- Completing traditional mechanical engineering analysis and documentation including tolerance analysis, DFMEA, and process guides
- Passion for creating cutting edge and innovative products
- 5+ years of professional mechanical design, development, and manufacturing experience
- Mastery of a 3D CAD software, such as Onshape, NX, or SolidWorks, and a PDM system
- Expert in traditional mechanical engineering analysis and documentation, from GD&T to DFMEA to drawings
- 7+ years of experience (not limited to professional experience) working with hands and workshop equipment like 3D printers and CNC routers
- Experience working with high-volume contract manufacturers and sub-component vendors
- Must be qualified to work in the U.S. and have no restrictions for international travel
- Ability to commute to Resonado Labs’ Chicago office in River West on a daily basis
- Passion for acoustics and improving how people experience sound
- Experience with electrodynamic transducers of all sizes, from micro-speakers to subwoofers
- Experience working with Asian suppliers
- Working knowledge of programs like MATLAB, Python, LabVIEW, or similar for basic automation and analysis
- Experience working with materials like steel, neodymium, ferrite, polymers, elastomers, soft adhesives, and brittle materials
- Strong communication and presentation skills including project planning, documentation of technical requirements, and technical presentations
- Experienced in conceiving, writing, and publishing patents
- Self-driven engineer
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or or Korean is a strong plus
- Members of our engineering team have degrees in Acoustics or a similar field (mechanical or electrical engineering, physics, etc.), but if you have taken a different route to gain the required experience, that is acceptable
The applicant must be a flexible, results-oriented problem-solver who is passionate about introducing large-scale innovation into the loudspeaker industry.
Resonado Labs evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
How to apply:
All inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.