The NPI (New Product Introduction) Engineer will be a key member of a cross-functional team with the shared responsibility for the design and implementation of new products into production. He/she will work directly with R&D, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, Test Engineering, and others to find solutions to urgent issues; reducing time to market and cost of new product introduction, while improving quality. A successful NPI engineer; is dynamic, driven, organized and detail oriented; excels in communicates with ease at all levels; thrives in an ambiguous environment and is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts. He/she will demonstrate qualities of a team player whether on Core or Functional team: communicate constructively, demonstrate reliability, be flexible, and show commitment to success of team as a whole. Domestic and international travel is required.
QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem.
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more.
- NPI Engineering will collaborate with Quality, Test Engineering, Manufacturing, Service and Product Compliance to define and document Daft early in product development life cycle and continues to drive DFx improvements through Design reviews and product launch in MFG facilities.
- Support the development of new products and drive Design for Manufacturing excellence via DFx reviews with relevant contributing teams.
- Engage MFG Facility and ensure transfer readiness, completion, and timely submission of deliverables from the CM/JDM/ODM partners.
- BS Degree in Engineering discipline (EE or ME) with minimum 5+ years of experience in NPI Manufacturing and/or Design Engineering
- Superior problem-solving skills: Issue identification, problem structuring, analysis, and developing recommendation for an efficient resolution
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes; electronic assembly through box build, test and pack out
- Relevant experience in power, digital and mixed technology electronics required; SMT and TH PCBA technologies, Box build including Loudspeakers, powered and unpowered, Core and control systems, etc. (See QSC website for product examples)
- Experience working with CM/JDM/ODM
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge in New Product Introduction and Product Life Cycle Management process.
- Superior problem-solving skills: issue identification, problem structuring, analysis, and developing recommendations
- Strong facilitation skills. Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- A “go-getter” – an intrinsic ability to get things done with strong leadership and presence
- Strong leadership and presence
How to Apply
Submit your application here.