Job location: High Wycombe
Job title: Senior Product Manager – Focusrite
Job description: Senior Product Manager – Focusrite
Based: Hybrid with offices based in High Wycombe and London
Term: Full time
Salary: Negotiable + excellent benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced product manager to join the Focusrite team and contribute to the future of music creation.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for growing our business by developing winning product strategies, documenting optimised product requirements, and working closely with the R&D team to reach the company’s objectives. Senior Product Managers own their products from concept through to end of life, making sure they have the right product, with the right features, at the right price, at the right time. The successful candidate is likely to be familiar with audio interfaces, MIDI controllers or synthesizers.
- Contribute to the product roadmap, from product vision and idea creation throughout the product lifecycle; ensuring profitability, as well as consistency with company strategy
- Work with the Product Analyst to assess market size, sales and customer data to create a clear understanding of our performance and identify new opportunities
- Collaborate with our Product Design team to research our customer personas, their use cases and workflows to inform product requirements
- Regularly propose new product opportunities including relevant business cases and competitive positioning
- Develop and maintain feature requirements for new hardware and software products balancing time-to-market, quality and profitability
- Communicate the target customer, competitive positioning and our unique proposition to the wider business
- Assist in creating customer-facing product messaging by building excellent customer knowledge in our Marketing team
- Build relationships with almost every department of the company enabling cross functional working
- Understand the core technologies in our products, and keep up to date with technological trends
- Help inform our long term revenue forecasts
- Review the performance of products; financially, competitively and from a market-acceptance perspective
- A strong understanding of the Product Management function
- At least five years’ experience in a Product Management, Product Marketing or Technical Marketing role
- A strong understanding of and passion for the music-making and music-production industries
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and use that insight to inform decision making
- Good business financial literacy
- Great leadership qualities, with the ability to inspire product development teams and build confidence with stakeholders
- The ability to work independently as well as collaborate closely with others
Reports to: Head of Product, Focusrite and Novation
Location: High Wycombe or London, with regular visits to either office, and occasional global travel
Focusrite plc is a global music and audio group that develops and markets music technology products. Used by audio professionals and amateur musicians alike, its solutions facilitate the high-quality production of recorded and live sound. Our audio technology brands stand together, seeking to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity – ‘we make music easy to make’.
The Focusrite Group trades under eight established and rapidly growing brands: Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation, ADAM Audio, Sequential, Martin Audio, Optimal Audio and Ampify Music. With a high-quality reputation and a rich heritage spanning decades, its brands are category leaders in the music-making industry.
Music technology is an enriching space to work in and we enjoy a Group-wide open-door culture which encourages innovation. This culture, combined with a passion for the inspirational solutions we create, has led to the group winning numerous accolades, including three Queen’s Awards for Enterprise and the AIM Company of the Year Award 2021.
The Focusrite Group is dedicated to building a great place to work and as an equal opportunity employer we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion. The group mission is to cultivate an equitable culture, internally and externally, where all people feel they are welcome and positively represented, whether office-based or working remotely. Equally, we recognise the major impact that climate change is having on our world and work every day towards being industry leaders in a carbon neutral future.
Benefits include flexible/hybrid working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, company music events, free breakfast/lunch in the canteen at Focusrite HQ. We arrange company training sessions and encourage personal development.
How to apply: