MQA is a research, development, and licensing company, pursuing technologies to achieve excellence in all aspects of audio entertainment: from sound recordings to content streaming and broadcasting, through to consumer playback devices. Our first product is a breakthrough suite of technologies that delivers the original sound of the studio in a format that is small enough to stream. MQA”s award-winning technology is licensed by record labels, music services, and hardware manufacturers worldwide.
Reports To: Principal Engineer
Helping to build our growing ecosystem of MQA Software that spans a wide variety of platforms from powerful servers to highly constrained embedded systems. This will vary from enhancements and bug fixing in existing products to hacking proof of concept software solutions and ground-up building of new products. Delivering reliable code that our partners can rely on is a priority.
This role will involve working within a growing team of highly skilled engineers.
Responsibilities and Duties May Include:
- Software Development in C++ and or C
- Modelling and development of signal processing algorithms in MATLAB
- Porting between platforms, such as x86, XMOS, SHARC, TI TMS320, ARM and MIPS including assembly language optimisation
- Implementation and optimisation of DSP algorithms
- Mentoring other team members
Qualifications and Skills:
- We are looking for experienced candidates with excellent degrees ideally in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a Physical Science
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A high degree of self-motivation and ability to manage own time
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Familiarity with modern development tools such as Git, Gitlab and Docker
- Familiarity with scripting languages, e.g., Python, Ruby, Bash, PowerShell and Windows batch files
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Mac OS X in addition to Microsoft Windows
MQA provides a flexible working environment. Due to COVID, MQA is currently using a home-based working model. MQA’s offices are in Huntingdon UK and the successful candidate may need to travel there from time to time.
Life at MQA:
The MQA working environment is fast-paced, innovative, inclusive, and full of exceptional talent across many countries. During COVID, MQA has started internal working committees to ensure there is ongoing dialogue and action around well-being, team socials and support for flexible working.
The successful candidate can look forward to all the benefits of being part of a smaller team with a flat hierarchy and a warm, supportive, and informal working culture.
MQA is a member of WISE and is committed to a diverse workforce and flexible ways of working.
How to Apply:
If you would like to join one of the most exciting places to work in audio, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention AES001459 when applying for this position.