Resonado’s Chicago headquarters is looking for a motivated and creative candidate with a passion for loudspeakers to join the company’s U.S. Frontier Engineering team. Candidates should be ready to take on new challenges by assuming a highly visible role in a small, yet ambitious organization and expect extensive collaboration across departments. Our company maintains a horizontal organizational culture with a strong emphasis on meritocracy. With transparent communication and open channels welcoming new ideas, Resonado is an ideal environment for an experienced engineer looking to become an early member of a rapidly expanding company poised to bring a new wave of innovation to the audio industry.
- Driving research and development of high potential acoustic technologies as a transducer engineer on a creative and agile team
- Conducting advanced acoustic simulation and testing, stand-alone and in system, using systems such as COMSOL and Klippel
- Building prototype transducers and systems and completing reliability and quality testing
- Working with sub-component vendors and supply chain partners to source and manufacture various components
- Work with Resonado’s manufacturers, partners, and customers on loudspeaker design, end-product integration, production, etc.
- Collaborating with mechanical engineering and other teams to drive development into final product
- Becoming a leading expert on Resonado’s proprietary acoustic technologies and contributing to the expansion of the company’s intellectual property portfolio
- Passion for creating cutting edge and innovative products
- 5+ years of professional ultrasonic transducer and system design, development, and manufacturing experience
- Practical expertise in audio analyzers including Klippel R&D/QC, Audio Precision APx, Listen, or a similar system
- Working knowledge of FEM and BEM simulation methods for magnetic circuits, acoustics, and mechanics
- Thorough understanding of ultrasonic transducer design methods, optimization, sub-components, materials, assembly techniques, and manufacturing
- Must be qualified to work in the U.S. and have no restrictions for international travel
- Ability to commute to Resonado’s Chicago office in River West on a daily basis
- Passion for acoustics and improving how people experience sound
- Experience building and leading a team
- Experience with ultrasonic transducer arrays
- Experience working with assembly contract manufacturers and sub-component vendors
- Experience working with audio programming and signal processing
- Strong communication and presentation skills including project planning, documentation of technical requirements, and technical presentations
- Experienced in conceiving, writing, and publishing patents
- Self-driven engineer
- Members of our engineering team have degrees in Acoustics or a similar field (mechanical or electrical engineering, physics, etc.), but if you have taken a different
route to gain the required experience, that is acceptable
Resonado Labs evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
How to Apply
All inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.