KEF is acknowledged world-wide as a leading manufacturer of high-end loudspeakers and hi-fi systems. Founded in 1961, the company is one of the few in the field that both develops and manufactures its own technology: cabinets, drivers, software, and most electronics. We pride ourselves on our technical excellence and innovation, producing many patents and papers over the years.
KEF shares its research facility with its sister company, Celestion International, a leader in the field of OEM drive units for guitar and PA. This allows both brands to benefit from advanced tools and technologies that are the envy of rivals around the world.
We are looking to expand our team with two experienced software engineers with passion for audio and music. The team is writing and experimenting with new code and there is room to grow technically on multiple areas, as well as dedicate some time to research. If you want to leave your signature on products that are sold worldwide and earn international awards, this is your chance.
Education: BSc / MSc in a relevant field: Computer Science, Electronics, Telecommunications, Acoustics,
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Private pension with employer matched contributions.
- 25 days holidays + public holidays.
- Flexible working week.
- Career pathway and development plan tailored to your aspirations.General responsibilities:
As a small team of multifaceted engineers, we work on 3 main areas:
- Embedded: design a new framework that will run on the dsp chipsthat are the heart of our active systems
- Desktop: develop and maintain existing applications that aid loudspeaker design [Java, Matlab, OOD]
- Devops: setup, maintain and apply tools and scripts required for the continuous integration and
deployment of our projects [python3, Jenkins, redmine, svn, etc…].
We are looking for an engineer with experience on at least one of the areas above and strong computer skills.
Object orientated design knowledge is also required as there is a lot of new code to write.
Specific requirements [the more you can show, the better!]
- Experience writing and reviewing object orientated code on Java or C++11 and above.
- You know your way with MATLAB, Python (SciPy / NumPy libraries) and/or Octave.
- Devops experience, either on a professional environment or open-source project.
- Embedded: experience writing and reviewing C/C++ code for a DSP or MCU, ideally from Analog Devices.
- Digital Signal Processing: practical knowledge of basic processing techniques / first principles.
- Computing: high level of general computer literacy on either Windows or Linux.
- Ninja-level command line skills.
- Proactive attitude to learn things out of your comfort zone.
Extra points for any of the following:
- Personal interest in using computers creatively, i.e. to create or record music or video.
- Developed apps for Android / iPhone (either professionally or as a hobby).
- Having worked with (or created!) audio devices and / or systems.
- Understanding of mathematics and/or physics at BSc / MSc level.
- Any electronics skills: can read schematics and/or design a PCB.
How to apply:
Please submit your application here.
The health, safety, and well-being of our team members is of the utmost importance. As such, many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations until we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone). These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted.
KEF is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.