Rockford Fosgate is a leading automotive audio company which develops and manufactures connected audio and infotainment products for mobile, motorsports, motorcycle and marine applications. We are looking for enthusiasts who are passionate about developing elegant audio solutions and engaging user experiences that they would use in their own vehicles.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Software Test Engineer. This individual will be an integral part of the advanced engineering team and will focus on creating automated and manual tests for all software-based products. This role will have a high sense of ownership in the product since it will involve many aspects of software design
and validation from inception through release. This position will interact directly with software developers, embedded engineers, and test engineers to develop advanced test and automation to support high level of quality assurance in our products.
JOB TITLE: Software Test Engineer
• Own software quality for all products and apps
• Design and execute software test plans for embedded audio products and mobile apps
• Work closely with developers to reproduce and debug issues
• Develop and perform software unit testing
• Perform functional system testing at both the software and hardware level
• Perform regression, black box, sanity and user acceptance testing
• Record and document test results and compare to expected results
• Automate test processes and generate reports
• Help define user experience (UX) and user interface (UI)
• Facilitate alpha and beta testing and customer feedback collection
• Participate in the development of software applications using the latest technologies
• Ability to participate and collaborate in a team environment
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Attention to detail and high sense of quality in the product
• Experience creating automated test scripts and continuous integration
• Basic knowledge of Git version control
• Experience using Agile SCRUM or KANBAN development process
• Min 2 years of professional work experience
• Min Bachelor’s in Software, Computer, Electrical, or equivalent engineering discipline
DESIRED SKILLS (OPTIONAL):
• Knowledge of audio testing
• Familiarity with test equipment (oscilloscopes, DMM’s, power supplies, etc)
• Experience developing Web based software application using React Native or equivalent
• Embedded microprocessor development and testing
• iOS / Android mobile application development
• Experience with UX/UI design and human factors
How to apply: Interested applicants, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is based in Tempe, Arizona. No relocation assistance provided.
To learn about Rockford, please visit us at www.rockfordcorp.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity in the workplace.