About the Role
This role sits at the “tip of the spear” of innovation in the Automotive Division at HARMAN. As a Principal Architect in an entirely new product space, you will work in our Car Audio team, heavily interacting with our Digital Cockpit team.
You are responsible for driving and defining the technical architecture of the Product(s), and owning the technical integrity of the Product from the definition stage through vehicle launch. During these phases, responsibilities include product performance KPIs, software architecture, security architecture, cross-functional domain architecture, evaluation of software /system architectures, make versus buy decisions (for technology/resources), and other key architecture/technical activities that lead to successful product delivery.
While this is an individual contributor role, you will be expected to lead with influence and work with cross-functional team members and experts, as well as draw from all relevant functions within the business in a matrix organization. This team will be empowered and aligned around company objectives. Excellent communication and leadership skills will be key to success.
What You Will Do
- Anticipate market needs, turn those into user-level requirements, and ensure these requirements are fed into the global management framework.
- Translate use cases, user stories, and product requirements into engineering requirements by working closely with Harman’s Automotive Strategy group, Innovation & Technology team, Research & UX Design team, Engineering, Purchasing, Sales, and Marketing teams
- Designing the System Architecture for a new sound system product line.
- Presentation of the system, hardware, and software concepts during the funding, concept, and RFI/RFQ phase, and after award internally and towards the customer.
- Lead technical presentations/workshops, design and code reviews, internally and externally
- Analysis and evaluation of functional requirements, as well as requirements concerning the system architecture, especially the analysis of the influence on the available system resources.
- Development of high-level and detailed concepts with related specifications.
- Define and own software and hardware design, as well as interface definitions, modularity and reuse strategy, documentation structure, and rollout to development teams.
- Define and own functional safety and cyber security architectures and concepts (with help from domain experts).
- Drive system key performance indicators and set priority for optimizations. Ensure architectural plan that maintains platform integrity.
- Lead technical aspects regarding make/buy for components, software designs, and product design from concept to RFI/RFQ, through initial Product launch
- Foster close communication with the responsible software and hardware project leaders.
- Guide and support the software and hardware developers to realize the architectural requirements, including verification of work results.
- Guide component-level product managers in their roles in defining and driving component product strategies and roadmaps for our global markets.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 10+ years of experience in sound, IVI, connectivity, or related continuous data streaming systems.
- Experience with wireless connectivity and latency-critical systems
- Strong background in SoCs, IOC, networks, DSP, software design
- Experience with operating systems such as QNX, Linux, and Android
- In-depth knowledge of system architecture styles and design principles, Doors, Enterprise Architect
- Knowledge/Experience in ISO26262
- Must have a “whatever-it-takes” attitude using diplomatic leadership skills within a collaborative teamwork environment to accomplish the necessary results
What is Nice to Have
- Professional experience architecting or developing algorithms (mainly involving latency and continuous streaming processing)
- Strong background in HW device connectivity, streaming architecture and protocols, and/or wireless wearables
- Knowledge of the requirements inside the automotive area. Understand the dynamics of the automotive Tier-1 market and have a vision for market and customer trends
- Experience in AI/ML processing architecture and functional blocks.
What Makes You Eligible
Be willing to travel up to 20%, of domestic and international travel
How to Apply