The Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer is a technical engineering position responsible for working with Suppliers, Design Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain for the selection of qualified suppliers and maintain and improvement quality performance at existing critical suppliers. The Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer regularly and frequently interfaces with QSC Manufacturing and supply partners to define quality requirements, control plans, KPIs, audit, improvement, and surveillance strategies that assure product, material and processes conform to requirements. The Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer uses industry state-of-the-art methods and standards and has extensive practical application experience in quality systems, product quality, problem solving, and supplier quality management methods that will drive supplier performance to yield high quality products and customer satisfaction.
Base Salary Range 101,000 – 141,000
The above reflects the pay range that QSC reasonably expects to pay for this role. This pay range also depends on various factors such as job duties and requirements, relevant experience and skills and geographic location. In addition to the base salary range, QSC offers a comprehensive package including but not limited to health benefits, 401K or Roth retirement plans, generous time off and profit sharing.
QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem.
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more.
Q-SYS is a cloud-manageable audio, video and control (AV&C) Platform built around a modern, standards-based IT architecture. With established solutions across Corporate, Education, Hospitality, Venues & Events, Cinema, Government, Healthcare, and Transportation, Q-SYS redefines what is possible for live and virtual experiences by uniting hardware and software partners, developers, and creators.
QSC Pro Audio delivers high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, software and accessories. Our innovative products and solutions, supported with free training & education and unparalleled customer service, set the stage for creators, performers, and entertainment providers to confidently deliver impactful experiences for their audiences.
- Lead improvement in supplier performance by regular and frequent direct interface with manufacturing and critical suppliers through monitoring of KPIs, in-process audits at supplier sites, develop plan/selection criteria and perform the audits, publish audit reports, manage actions, assure robust root cause corrective action (8D). Analyze process performance indicators, such as critical-to-quality variables, yield data, out-of-box audit data, process capability reports, and defect trends, against predefined targets and initiate remedial actions where necessary. Train suppliers as needed on relevant QSC processes such as PDM/Document Control, 8D, PFMEA.
- Develop and implement quality plans and process performance criteria to evaluate the readiness of new products to move from New Product Introduction lifecycles to volume production.
- Assure continued suitability of, and adherence to, Quality Plans throughout the product lifecycle to assure that product and process requirements are met by our manufacturing and supply partners. Determine process readiness, establish and monitor KPIs, measure and improve process capability; and measure and improve process effectiveness.
- Support the maintenance of quality system requirements, including internal and supplier auditing, Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA), risk management, product and process issues
- Review Supplier generated change requests, engage with the product team (Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing) and determine requirements for approval assessing risk, vetting for approval, assure proper implementation as agreed.
- BS degree in a technical discipline. IE or EE preferred.
- 7+ years of experience managing supplier quality performance at offshore Electronic Manufacturing Service (EMS) providers, Original Design Manufacturers (ODM), contract manufacturers (CM), critical component and sub-assembly suppliers is required.
- Experience in supporting the introduction of new products into outsourced manufacturing
- Experienced with process control practices in the following types of operations desired: PCBA assembly, plastic injection molding, die casting, sheet metal fabrication, wood cabinet fabrication and assembly, system assembly and test.
- Previous experience in speaker, electronic or electromechanical assembly experience is desirable.
- Previous experience with enterprise management software tools such as Oracle and PLM Agile is desirable
- Expertise in industry standard problem identification and solving tools such as 8D, DMAIC, etc.
- Document Control and Product Data Management (PDM) experience, Oracle/Agile preferred
- Ability to plan and execute quality audits and corrective action processes. Certificate a plus.
- Good knowledge of IPC-A-610 (class 2) for acceptability of electronic assemblies
- Familiar with failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Process performance and process capability and statistical process control (SPC)
- Understanding and interpretation of Bills of Materials, drawings and specifications
- Process control planning and design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software for data collection, analysis, and reporting is required. Minitab and or Analytics (Power BI, Tableau, etc) knowledge a plus.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.