This is an opportunity to play an integral role in the management of a team of engineers developing new audio products for an industry leader. As the Engineering Lead/Systems Engineer, you will leverage your team management and project management expertise by leading a team charged with developing new audio products.
Our Sound United engineering group spans the globe and you will have the opportunity to manage a diverse team and showcase your deep technical knowledge of audio, passive loudspeaker systems, audio electronic systems, and software development. With your strong working knowledge of production systems, global supplier bases, and product development systems you are sure to find success in this role. Not for the faint of heart, in this critical position you will be responsible for managing all engineering activities for a cross-functional product development team to meet performance, cost, quality, and schedule goals. You will also partner with marketing, customer service, and other groups requiring technical information on products and processes as we continually drive to succeed as a team. Take hold of a thrilling career with a growing industry leader – apply today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as Lead/Systems Engineer in product development projects to deliver high-performance audio products to market; directing all other engineering resources assigned thereto.
- Is responsible for the management of engineering resources within a cross-functional team and all related product specifications, validation, and engineering reviews for product readiness at each stage of the product development process.
- Identifies potential project technical risks and develops plans to mitigate them.
- Is responsible for product quality, costs, and that the product meets internal goals and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees processes for certification for licensed technologies and guarantees that safety and regulatory requirements for products are met using in-house and 3rd-party engineering and test laboratory resources.
- Works in partnership with software development resources for code development, backlog, and execution in an Agile development system.
- Works with ODM, OEM, and /or contract manufacturers in the USA, Asia, and other regions to manage engineering tasks.
- Works with key 3rd party technology providers to integrate emerging technology solutions into audio and loudspeaker products.
- Works with the Quality Assurance team to establish reliability criteria and verifies that the product meets the criteria.
- Negotiates resource and equipment usage with functional managers and/or project managers when scheduling conflicts arise in accordance with overall program goals and objectives.
- Assists peers and supervisors in analyzing and improving workflow.
- Adheres to budget, and monitors performance against budget.
- Confers with senior engineers and managers on unusual problems/decisions that may arise.
Minimum Requirements to be Considered (You must have):
- BS degree in Physics, Acoustics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- 10+ years of product development experience
- 5+ years of audio system or loudspeaker development experience with proven knowledge in design and manufacturing related to acoustics, audio electronics (analog and digital), printed circuit boards, mechanical design, various molding techniques
- 2+ years of engineering team management experience
- Skilled in the use of MS Office software suite, Confluence, Jira, MS Teams
- Ability to travel to locations in Asia, Europe, USA and other countries for possible stays of 2-weeks multiple times a year
About Sound United:
Sound United was founded in 2012 with a simple mission – to bring joy to the world through sound. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest portfolio audio companies and home to several legendary audio brands—Bowers & Wilkins™, Denon®, Marantz®, Polk Audio®, Definitive Technology®, Classé®, and Boston Acoustics®. Each brand boasts its own philosophy and unique approach to bringing home entertainment to life.
With centuries of collective experience, Sound United oversees the design and manufacture of a diverse array of premium audio products, including loudspeakers, soundbars, AV receivers, wireless speakers, amplifiers, turntables, and headphones. We create distinct and memorable listening experiences for a wide range of consumers in more than 130 countries. For more information on Sound United and our mission, please visit www.soundunited.com.
Why Sound United:
At Sound United, you’ll have the opportunity to join a growing, global company at the forefront of audio innovation. We’re looking for people who are passionate about sound. This is more than a job. We don’t just punch a clock; we live and breathe audio perfection. There are abundant opportunities to grow and learn different aspects of what you’re passionate about as a cross-functional, adaptable member of the band.
High visibility, broad impact. This is a high growth, changing environment, and you will have the opportunity to really make an impact on our systems and processes and how we enhance them. In addition to being exposed to new projects and learning new skills, this role also positions you to interact with a variety of departments, teams, and leadership groups on a global basis.
Great time to join. We are proud to provide premium audio/video experiences to both commercial and consumer markets and, we’re experiencing healthy growth. When you’ve proved yourself a star and are ready for the next career step, the opportunities will be there.
Cultural experience. You will have regular exposure to many cultures. We’re in over 70 countries, so you’re not just focused on one culture, but will enjoy working with many.
Building on success. Our growing portfolio of premium audio and video products delivers the best in design, technology, innovation, and performance to a variety of customers who seek to enrich the moment with pure sound and vision. Our well-respected products continuously win industry awards and accolades. Under new senior leadership we are investing in growth and expanding our product lines, distribution channels, and markets, making this an exciting time to be part of the “new Sound United.”
Excellent compensation, benefits and work environment. In addition to a competitive salary, flexible paid time off (PTO) and attractive incentive program, we offer a collaborative and open work environment along with professional development opportunities.
Join SOUND UNITED and let’s build an even greater company together!
EEO: Sound United is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members’ disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
How to Apply:
Please mention AES001465 when applying for this position.