The Systems Network Engineer is responsible for level III (top tier) support of internal and external partners on matters related to Ethernet networking. In doing so, the Systems Network Enginer advises and directly applies best practices and protocol specific requirements to performance networks as needed. The candidate must be able to work professionally with all levels of employees and interface well with external professionals, distributors, and dealers. The candidate for this position must possess exceptional communication and teamwork skills.
QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem.
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more.
Occasional business travel is required (appx. 10% or less)
- Direct support of QSC project sites requiring advanced (level III) network troubleshooting or configuration.
- High-level troubleshooting of performance networks including software, hardware, and configuration.
- Direct support of and collaboration with internal teams (level I/II support, software quality assurance, hardware test) to provide the best possible outcomes for QSC clients.
- Development of network best practice and troubleshooting documentation for internal and external partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related field desired.
- Possess active network certifications
* CCNA, an equivalent or higher required
* CompTIA Network+ desired
* Security + desired
- Must have 1-3 years direct experience with layer 2 and layer 3 network troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Cisco networking gear as well as other vendors ( HP, Juniper, Netgear, Dell, etc) required.
- Good knowledge of Ethernet switch command line interfaces ( CLI ) required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with thorough knowledge of network troubleshooting and design.
- Solid understanding of Layer 2/Layer 3 network protocols , Quality of Service (QoS), Multicast ( IGMP/PIM ), PTP, Vlan tagging & Network redundancy.
- 1-3 Years Experience with AV over IP
- 1-2 Years Experience with Network Security
- Understanding Network Security technologies including SSH, 802.1x, Port Authentication, etc.
- Understanding of streaming Audio Visual media (RTP, SDP, AES67, Dante etc.)
- Experience with Network troubleshooting tools ( Iperf, Wireshark, etc.)
- Experience with Linux shell environment
- Familiarity with modern IP-based Audio-Visual equipment
How to Apply:
Submit your application here.