The Technical Trainer works under the supervision and direction of the Senior Training Manager, but operates autonomously to develop a constant stream of innovative training curriculum for QSC, primarily for the Q-SYS audio, video and control (AV&C) platform with the potential to expand to other product lines. Additionally, the Technical Trainer will work (primarily) from the QSC Austin, TX Experience Center to conduct regularly scheduled classroom trainings in the facility, conduct administrative responsibilities associated with maintaining the viability of this facility, and serve a conduit to the product development team as it pertains to training needs. Technical Trainer will also participate in remote and virtual training to assist with regional training needs.
QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem.
This role is located in Austin, TX.
* Drive education agenda set forth by Senior Manager & Director of Training & Education
* Work with product development team and training staff to write new training curriculum to support the growing feature sets for the Q-SYS Platform, particularly in the areas of third party control integration, Lua scripting, conference room video and plugin authoring.
* Maintain sustaining efforts on existing training materials (i.e. training syllabi, student textbook) to reflect the constant evolution of the Q-SYS Platform
* Conduct full classroom trainings for our integrator/programmer/end-user community
* Organizing Q-SYS development team as guest lecturers for classes, and facilitate in-class/post-class VOC opportunities between student activities and QSC staff.
* Appear on-camera in QSC’s award-winning Q-SYS online training video series
* Deliver “Train-the-Trainer” events to certify our internal staff and distribution partners to teach Q-SYS training * Grading Q-SYS Certification final design exams
* Assist in designing and maintaining training rooms, experience centers and demo designs
* Participates in discovery meetings and brainstorming sessions
* Acts within scope of QSC Mission Statement as well as meets all of the QSC Marketing Team objectives and policies to accomplish assigned goals
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in audio, DSP, engineering and/or electronics
* Thorough understanding of audio, video and control (AV&C) systems.
* Firm understanding of Q-SYS Platform and Q-SYS Designer Software is mandatory (Q-SYS Level 1 & Level 2 certification)
* Other manufacturer certification is a plus (Crestron, AMX, Extron)
* High level communication skills to synthesize complex product & AV&C related concepts from many different knowledge sources into simple, consumable training materials
* Experience in curriculum development and/or writing technical copy in an education setting
* Experience in Lua Scripting
* High level of poise and composure in delivering training on-camera and to live classes
* Well-developed oral and written communication skills
* Must be able to travel up to 25%