Rockford Corporation is looking for a highly motivated individual to join Rockford Fosgate’s Electrical Engineering and Validation team as Test Engineer. This multi-disciplined role contributes to Rockford’s continuing growth through the test and validation of audio solutions for our aftermarket and OEM business. Candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
JOB TITLE: Test Engineer
• Create and manage new product validation plans
• Test results documentation and reporting
• Support in the design and development of automated test systems
• Administer and coordinate product testing at multiple test sites
• Perform bench level testing on new products and systems
• Familiarity with testing standards and methods such as CE, Emark, EMC, SAE, ISO, FCC, ASTM, etc.
• Working knowledge of audio test and measurement standards
• Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, , or equivalent
• Experience using Audio Precision measurement analyzers
• Experience with data acquisition hardware and software
• Strong competency in use of bench level test equipment e.g. , oscilloscopes, power supplies, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.
• Interpret and report testing results to internal and external customers
• Ability to diagnose failures and perform root cause analysis
• Excellent soldering skill including working with high density IC packages
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to manage multiple validation projects simultaneously
• Excellent documentation and reporting practices using MS Word, Excel, and Visio.
• Working knowledge of design and test for EMC
• Test and measurement of high-power audio amplifiers
• Test and measurement of switch mode power supplies
• Test and measurement of wireless technologies
• Test and measurement of acoustic transducers
• Schematic capture and PCB layout using Altium Designer
• Experience with scripting languages such as, NI Labview, Python or VB.
• Familiarity with the integration of complete audio systems including source units, equalizers, speakers, subwoofers, and amplifiers.
How to apply: Interested applicants, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is based in Tempe, Arizona. No relocation assistance provided.
To learn about Rockford, please visit us at www.rockfordcorp.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in the workplace.