Areas of Concentration
- Fiber Optic Cables usage and types (glass or plastic)
- Wavelength, Distance, singlemode versus multimode representation.
- Fiber Optic Connector usage and types
- Fiber Optic tools
- Fiber Optic system design and performance.
- Analogue and digital systems and circuitry.
- Fiber Network delivery of high-resolution audio.
- New fiber optic technologies
- Fiber Optic Microphones
- Fiber Optic link design
- Transceivers (SFP, etc.)
- Objective evaluation and subjective performance of fiber optic links
- Objective measurement techniques and resolution issues.
- Hybrid Fiber and Copper based systems
- Education and networking
- To inform and educate the membership about the important facts of fiber optics in audio technology and applications.
- To network with other Technical Committees in order to involve them in the study of fiber optics for audio.
- AES 154th Audio Engineering Convention, Helsinki, Finland.AES TC-FOA Committee Zoom Meeting – Thursday, May 25, 2023, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM (Expect Zoom Link to be sent on 05/21/2023. New York Time).
AES 153rd Convention Webinar/Tutorial in conjunction with AES TC-FOA (Fiber Optics For Audio).
Title: Webinar (Getting Savvy on Usage of Fiber Optics for Audio Cables, Connectors, Networks)
Date: October 27, 2022, Thursday. Time 4:15 PM EST
A Zoom link will be provided to AES members. TBA. Please inform the Chair: Ron Ajemian, if you didn’t receive a link for TC-FOA Webinar.
We would like participation and input from our European/Asian members. Please note that our time is scheduled for EST in New York, USA. so please check your time to coincide with where you live to join us on Zoom.
Check AES Calendar for the AES TC-FOA Zoom link.
Please let the Chair know if you have any interest in Fiber Optics for Audio. We welcome your input and also join us on our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Audio-Engineering-Society-Technical-Committee-on-Fiber-Optics-for-Audio-1614880515414608/
We look forward to more Asian/European, etc. participation. Also, we would like to have a Co-Chair from either Europe/Asia for this TC-FOA. Please email the Chair (Ron Ajemian) if interested.
- These documents do not necessarily express the official position of the AES on the issues discussed at these meetings, and only represent the views of committee members participating in the discussion. Any unauthorized use of these publications is prohibited. Authorization must be obtained from the Executive Director of the AES: Email, Tel: +1 212 661 8528, Address: 551 Fifth Ave., Suite 1225, New York, New York 10176, USA.2022-11-3 TC-FOA 153rd Meeting Report
Description: Meeting Agenda/Report and Attendance
2022-5-28 2022-05-26 TC-FOA Meeting Minutes/Agenda
Description: Meeting of AES TC-FOA Agenda at AES The Hague, Netherlands152nd Convention
2021-6-8 2021-6-4 TC-FOA Web Meeting 6/4/2021
Description: Meeting minutes from web meeting on 6/4/2021
2020-11-6 2020-10-29 TC-FOA 149th Meeting Report
Description: TC-FOA Fiber Optics for Audio Meeting notes from 149th, Online, (New York), October 2020.
2018-10-24 2018-10-19 TC-FOA Meeting Minutes
Description: Minutes from TC-FOA on Friday, October 19th, 2018 at the AES 145th Convention, Javits Center, New York, NY USA
2018-4-20 2017-10-19 TC-FOA Meeting Minutes
Description: Minutes from TC on Thursday, October 19, 2017 at the AES 143rd Convention, Javits Center, New York, NY USA
2013-10-21 2013-10-19 TC-FOA Meeting Minutes
Description: Minutes from TC-FOA on Saturday, October 19th, 2013 at the AES 135th Convention Javits Center, New York, NY USA
2012-10-29 2012-10-28 TC-FOA Meeting Minutes
Description: Minutes from TC-FOA on Sunday, October 28, 2012 at the AES 133rd Convention Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA USA
2011-10-23 2011-10-22 TC-FOA Meeting Minutes
Description: Minutes from TC-FOA on Saturday, October 22, 2011 at the AES 131st Convention Javits Center, New York, NY USA
2011-2-5 2009-10-09 TC-FOA Formative Meeting Minutes
Description: Minutes from TC on Friday, October 9, 2009 at the AES 127th Convention Javitz Center, New York, NY USA
C. Robin Caine
Kenneth R Fause
Jamie M. Silva
Thomas M. Chudyk