2023 AES International Conference on Audio Archiving, Preservation & Restoration
This conference presents a remarkable opportunity to bring researchers and practitioners together for three days.
During the Conference we will discuss critical preservation issues and focus on strategies, that will support and encourage collaboration and interoperability between industry and the preservation, restoration and archiving communities.
Proposals describing work in any area of audio archiving, preservation, and restoration and related sciences will be considered for inclusion in conference sessions.
• Digitization and restoration of historical obsolete disc formats.
• Optical capture of obsolete media.
• Preservation and digitization of analog and digital multitrack recordings.
• Handling and storage of analog audio carriers.
• Physical/object based preservation & material science and new trends in material research.
• Maintenance and restoration of legacy analog and digital audio equipment.
• Digital tools for audio repair and restoration.
• Best practices for creation, archiving, and preservation of born-digital assets and DAW-specific formats.
• Public/Private collaboration for preservation, access, monetization of archives.
• Copyright, rights, & access for archival holdings.
• Re-release of out-of-print or never-released catalog.
• Role of archives in preserving commercial audio recordings.
• Best practices for metadata creation and capture.
• Best practices for creation, archiving, and preservation of emerging audio formats such as immersive and virtual reality audio.
• Education and curriculum for audio archiving and preservation.