Based in Mississauga, for over forty years, our company, an industry-leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality consumer electronics products, has set the standard for excellence in every product category we offer. Our focus is on providing the best in performance, value, and design; delivering innovative solutions to a global network of home technology specialists and distributors.
With our continued growth, we are looking for a Manager, Research and Development. This position is responsible for overseeing the engineering team, an incredibly talented group of acoustic engineers and technicians and industrial and mechanical designers who create our world class products.
Responsibilities will include
- Overseeing the design and launch of new products from concept to production
- Working with sales and marketing to provide key information at the onset of product concept regarding support of feasibility, confirmation and verification of marketing intent.
- Identify and execute key design, test and analysis requirements of new product designs.
- Guide acoustic engineers and technicians in all acoustic aspects of product design and development such as simulation, building prototypes, performance and reliability testing to confirm a product meets or exceeds set goal, and production documentation and marketing material preparation.
- Outline the scope of work to acoustic team, review results and provide feedback.
- Encourage and support innovative ideas of acoustic team members, develop product concepts utilizing these ideas, provide input to product development manager, sales and marketing.
- Guide and participate in scientific and patent research related to product development
- Manage the overall accuracy and quality of the project while satisfying milestones and deliverables, and design and draft projects based on customer specifications.
- Oversee maintenance of bills of material and prepare cost analyses in support of product feasibility.
- Work to keep projects within budget and guidelines by suggesting alternate materials, design execution, or production process options.
- Create reports, where applicable, on results of experimentation or on new procedures.
- Participate in project reviews and stage gate meetings.
- Create and support project documentation (crossover schematics, stuffing diagrams and design specifications, production test criteria, etc.).
- Provide support for production issues.
- Communicate with suppliers and production on technical issues for new and current products.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Formal education (minimum bachelor degree or equivalent experience) in any of the following fields:
a. electrical or mechanical design and engineering,
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the electronic fields, and an interest in audio/loudspeaker development.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a senior project management leader.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience supervising a team of technical professionals and demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Ability to adapt to changing work demands
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, tight timelines are the norm
- Willingness to innovate and push the envelope of current state of the art in audio products
- Demonstrated orientation to detail, proven history of accuracy of information with a high emphasis on the value of quality.
- Strong background in manufacturing process/equipment, and solid experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ideally, an interest in stereo and home theater systems because we make some great stuff you’ll love to have in your home.
Candidates who are interested in working in a dynamic environment that supports creativity and excellence are invited to apply. People here are keen to share their knowledge; the candidate has to be able to (and be willing to) learn. We care about employees and hope to build long-term fulfilling relations with each of them.
How to apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter here.