If you’re an engineer passionate about the science of sound and vibration in technology, look at this opportunity.
The Project Engineer, in Acoustical Engineering, executes multi-phase engineering projects involving the development and documentation of complex electro-acoustical systems.
- Design and support application-specific transducers, microphones, and integrated electro-acoustical systems.
- Implement in-depth practical knowledge of electroacoustics and the important factors that affect designs including dynamic range, THD, frequency response, polar patterns, and sensitivity.
- Generate and analyze creative and effective design concepts using appropriate computer models. This would include applying equivalent design theory to transform a mechanical model into an electrical or acoustical model.
- Lead the development of complex working models from design concepts using appropriate tools.
- Understand and implement, from a theoretical and practical view, the typical materials used or suggested for use in the construction of electroacoustic transducers and systems.
- Fully understand the many practical aspects of how the customer will use the finished product.
- Often assume the role of a functional leader on a development team which may include mentoring less experienced acoustical engineers and team members.
- Either a Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, or Acoustical Engineering with a minimum of eight (8) years of related work experience
- Or a Master of Science Degree in Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, or Acoustical Engineering with a minimum of four (4) years of related work experience.
Experience with any of the following considered a plus:
- Acoustic simulation using COMSOL
- Acoustic measurement and analysis using Klippel
- Audio measurement and analysis using HEAD Acoustics test hardware and software
- Digital Signal Processing for content creation, conferencing products, wired and wireless headphones, earphones.
- DAWs, VST plugins, digital audio codecs, microphone arrays, psychoacoustics, spatial audio, machine learning, audio algorithm design, adaptive algorithms (e.g. AEC, NR, AGC) and/or system testing
How to Apply
Please apply via this link: https://careers-shure.icims.com/jobs/2078/engineer-project%2c-acoustical-engineering/job
Please mention AES001454 when applying for this position.