If you’re an engineer passionate about the science of sound and vibration in technology, look at this opportunity.
The Project Engineer, in Acoustical Engineering, executes multi-phase engineering projects involving the development and documentation of complex electro-acoustical systems.
- Design and support application-specific transducers, microphones, and integrated electro-acoustical systems.
- Implement in-depth practical knowledge of electroacoustics and the important factors that affect designs including dynamic range, THD, frequency response, polar patterns, and sensitivity.
- Generate and analyze creative and effective design concepts using appropriate computer models. This would include applying equivalent design theory to transform a mechanical model into an electrical or acoustical model.
- Lead the development of complex working models from design concepts using appropriate tools.
- Understand and implement, from a theoretical and practical view, the typical materials used or suggested for use in the construction of electroacoustic transducers and systems.
- Fully understand the many practical aspects of how the customer will use the finished product.
- Often assume the role of a functional leader on a development team which may include mentoring less experienced acoustical engineers and team members.
- Either a Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, or Acoustical Engineering with a minimum of eight (8) years of related work experience
- Or a Master of Science Degree in Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, or Acoustical Engineering with a minimum of four (4) years of related work experience.
Experience with any of the following considered a plus:
- Acoustic simulation using COMSOL
- Acoustic measurement and analysis using Klippel
- Audio measurement and analysis using HEAD Acoustics test hardware and software
- Digital Signal Processing for content creation, conferencing products, wired and wireless headphones, earphones.
- DAWs, VST plugins, digital audio codecs, microphone arrays, psychoacoustics, spatial audio, machine learning, audio algorithm design, adaptive algorithms (e.g. AEC, NR, AGC) and/or system testing
How to Apply
Please apply via this link: https://careers-shure.icims.com/jobs/2078/engineer-project%2c-acoustical-engineering/job
Please mention AES001454 when applying for this position.
About Shure Incorporated
5800 West Touhy Ave.
Niles, IL 60714
Phone: +1 847 600 6417
Fax: +1 847 600 1212
Founded in 1925, Shure Incorporated (www.shure.com) is widely acknowledged as the world’s leading manufacturer of microphones and audio electronics. Over the years, the Company has designed and produced many high-quality professional and consumer audio products that have become legendary for performance, reliability, and value. Shure’s diverse product line includes world-class wired microphones, wireless microphone systems, in-ear personal monitoring systems, conferencing and discussion systems, networked audio systems, award-winning earphones and headphones, and top-rated phonograph cartridges. Today, Shure products are the first choice whenever audio performance is a top priority.