- Work with the team to develop new functionality within the smart speaker embedded code, ensuring that it is reliable and maintainable, as well as meeting requirements.
- Debug and problem solve within areas of existing smart speaker embedded code where necessary.
- Exemplify embedded software development, using modern standards of software engineering.
- Mentor other members of the organisation working on embedded activities.
- Experience in networking and audio is highly desirable
- Relevant qualification in computer science, software engineering, science, or equivalent work experience
Key technical skills:
- Highly experienced in developing and testing embedded software in C and C++
- Highly experienced in delivering quality code that is clear, concise, well-documented and adheres to commercial standards
- Understanding of Linux device architectures, embedded systems and device drivers
- Demonstrable understanding of testing throughout the product lifecycle, both at code-level (unit testing) and application-level (manual/system/automation testing)
- Experience of networking protocols e.g. TCP/IP etc.
- Knowledge of or interest in the audio market
- Knowledge of Bluetooth, smart speakers and music playback engines highly desirable
Key personal skills:
- Autonomy and initiative
- Comfortable taking responsibility and solving complex problems
- Communication and consensus building across multiple disciplines
- Analytical problem-solving and data-driven decision making
- Self-motivation and confidence