We’re looking for an outstanding audio enthusiast with strong sales experience and a robust technical background to manage our accounts on the West Coast. With accounts ranging in size from start‐ups to some of the world’s largest corporations, this is our most strategically important territory. In this hands‐on, consultative sales role, your combination of audio knowledge and sales skills will make you a subject expert and go‐to salesperson to ensure 100% customer satisfaction and steady business growth.
You will manage our portfolio of existing accounts in the territory, as well as grow our business through new opportunities. You will be expected to work independently (with strong backup from our Boston‐based management, marketing, and support teams) to manage the entire sales cycle from prospecting, through product demos to quoting and closing. We work in a high‐tech and fast‐paced environment, so the ability to juggle multiple high‐value projects and be attentive to all stakeholders is critical.
As an experienced sales engineer, you probably have a good understanding of what’s involved in the sales process, so let’s focus on a few things that are important to us at Listen.
- We’re enthusiastic about audio! Everything we sell is related to audio, and you’ll be regularly visiting the market leaders in speakers, headsets, microphones, smart devices, automotive and more. If audio is your passion, you’ll love this job! If you don’t have specific audio or test and measurement experience, you’ll need to have a strong technical background and be willing to dig deep and learn our product range and applications inside‐out, to competently demonstrate our products and offer our customers an outstanding experience.
- We build long term relationships. Through a combination of after sales support from our sales engineer and support team, we build long‐term relationships, and enjoy a consultative sales approach that leads to repeat business. You will be the type of sales engineer that is always available to customers, and the first person they will turn to when they have a new audio measurement challenge to solve!
- We are fast‐paced and high tech. There is no drawer stuffed with business cards here. We have sophisticated online tools to manage our processes and increase sales. An evangelical approach to CRM is absolutely essential!
- Travel up to 40%. Regular travel is required to cover a territory that stretches along the West Coast from WA to MX, as well as quarterly visits to Boston and occasional international travel.
- 3+ years in selling technical / engineering products, including management of the entire sales cycle from prospecting to close
- Interest in audio
To apply, please send your resume and a note telling us why you’d be a great fit for this position to email@example.com.